My Anthem

Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Petronas Story ...Untold

Desi was glad that a Johnny-comes-lately has joined the bandwagon of many Blogger-freinds and me in calling on the national oil corporation, PETRONAS, to tell the Rakyat upfront where are all the revenues and profits going/will go/had gone to?

For three consecutive years whenever Petronas announced its financial statements for the FY ended March 2005, 2006 and 2007, I had brought uup this question. And just a week ago, one specialsized BIGmac MORON of a reader hiding behind a nick of "bigmac" called me a "moron" for asking such questions every year!

So here's the famous/infamous SIL more or less asking the same Qs -- so bigmac, you wanna call the deputy UNO Youth chief a MORON? -- but at the ind of my mind, I wonder what was HIS MOTIVATION. I will try to ead his mind TOMORROW> Come back and ask for MORE -- you are alowed at Desi's Place, even a tehtari will be served. If thou art that bigmac, I will add some ARSE... if the nic' suits thee reading this!:(


From the NST Online:

I spent almost 20minutes surfing the NST Online and could NOT find the item which was on Page 10 in the print edition which I paid RM1.20 for, headed thus:

'Petronas accounts must be public'

By Jaswinder Kaur

KOTA KINABALU: Petronas
should reveal in deatil its ac-
counts as the people have a
right to know where the na-
tionaloil company gets its rev-
enue from, Rembau Member
of Parliament Khairy Ja-
maluddin said yesterday.

:
:
:





DESI: I am not typing out the full report, I hope I am not COCKeyed to have mised the Online version. Can I urge any lind ER out hear to C&P your copy to send to chongyl2000@yahoo.com. Thanks, collect some tehtari' or kambing at Lingam's one day SOON when two mariners of mind catchUP wit' Desi for usual/unusual powWOW!:)

To spoil my ER, I scouted around, and found an abridged version in The People's Paper, they like it short sometimes when it concerns the People's Rights, like F**king "bigmac" who demands that Desi asked NO QUESTION!

Sunday June 15, 2008
Khairy: Let Petronas’ accounts be made public


KOTA KINABALU:
Umno Youth deputy chief Khairy Jamaluddin has joined the chorus of calls for Petronas' accounts to be made public.

Khairy, who is the Rembau MP, felt that the move was necessary as people continued to question why the national oil corporation was unable to absorb the rising cost of fuel with its profits.

“I will bring it up in Parliament and will ask the Government to make it public,” he told reporters after presenting a RM5,000 donation to the Seri Mengasih school for the intellectually-handicapped here on behalf of Sabah Umno Youth.

He said although the Government had provided various incentives to cushion the hike, Sabahans and others still asked why as an oil-producing country, Malaysia was not able to absorb the rising fuel cost.

“We as Barisan Nasional backbenchers are finding it hard to explain to the people. It is better to make the accounts public,” said Khairy, who is on a two-day visit to the state.

He expressed confidence that Petronas would be able to give a full account of its operations.

No comments: