My Anthem

Thursday, June 12, 2008

A BUM2008 Harvest of donPLAYpuks Buddy

On May 1 I befriended a few Blogger strangers, and over the past week I entered into some conversations -- I won't describe as intimate lest some readers raise their eyebrows -- with one who calls himself DONplayPUKS, and even as I engaged him, I used some don'tplay-pray language ala-Phua Chu Kang, or was it singAlongkang? Wella, this DPP guy is an accountant by profession, a historian by passion, and by accident, a socio-political writHer up the alley that Desi haunts. Along with owls and the pussycats; don't know about dogs and bitches though.

Any way I enjoyed his piece of mind and I left a message asking, like Oliver, for more. IF I were Olivia, I would ask for aMore. IF I were an in-between, I'd ask for a sandwich. If you were an Ignoramus of DDC, welcome to My BLue Heaven, a li'l browned by PE tea; nowadays I serve diluted tehtarik -- less ceylon tea leaves, less sugar, less milk, I even ask some BUMmers to bring their own paper cups. As for the expensive PU-erh, unless you are related to Dime, pls don't ask. Meanwhile, I await DDP to yield some feedback after he CARI-gali Petronas accounts, so dear ER< come back for some black gold a few dies' time.

IF you dared aRsEk more probing Qs like knotty Oliver Twisted, I'd send you to a CONvent somewhere in England where a TwistedHeels is operating a pharm. I left a msg at her abode to get an AP to import electric cars into Malaysia.


Thursday, 12 June 2008
Vociferor Lupus!

Most Asians have a healthy disrespect for the very (same) Governments they themselves regularly elect. Over and over again for sometimes fifty years at a stretch.

It is not that they do not know the electoral system and process are tainted or that it is never fixed because 'it ain't broke' as far as the roll call of usual suspect incumbents are concerned. Or that they do not recognise the inherent danger in not securing by legislation that no Great Leader or his anointed compliant (to the will of the Great Leader) Minsiters shall warm the seat of their chairs for more than two terms. No, they derive great vicarious thrill in submitting themselves to the masochistic pleasure of approving 20 & 30-year tenure of office for Prime Ministers and Presidents. And then rave and rant about abuse of power, lack of accountability, transparency and the unaccounted for Midas-like wealth of the Peoples' Representatives. Like the sadist who begs the masochist to whip him

Such an extended state of neglected affairs lends itself to the logical extension of a Government which bleats 'ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies.' Across the Causeway to an unknown neighbouring island, it is the more bulldog-like bark of 'ask no questions or where is the food on your table? Plato knew better.' Yet across our nothern border is the crisp military-like staccato 'ask no questions or be accused of lese majeste.'

We are a borderless continent of 'ask no question' regimes and juntas; truly Asia!

Thus, we are told inflation is chugging along just fine at under 3%. Fine, but bread, rice, electricity, water

DESIDERATA:
I must confess I don't know what Vociferor Lupus! means, do you?

If you wanna no, go ask the saudara at www.dontplaypuks.blogspot.com! OTHERvice, ask no questions!

Be like the confused THREE MONKEYS, with many clones at The Parliament House ...
See No Evil, Hear No Evil, SPEAK A LOT OF EVIL, sadistic b'stards!

2 comments:

Donplaypuks® said...

Dear Desi

I think u jumped d gun a bit. D revised full blog satire
'Vociferor Lupus' or 'Cry Wolf' has now been posted at: http://donplaypuks.blogspot.com

Leaving aside d jokes, Petronas must have its accounts audited by 1of Big 4 and publish it like any other Plc. It's too dangerous to leave it to the discretion of the CEo & the PM!

Look at what just happened to Sime Darby Group - $120 million loss and they kept it quite for six months. The SC should throw the book at them for not making a public announcement earlier.


Similarly the Govt must come clean on how its vital statistics (36-24-36) are compiled.

The people at NGO's like ISIS and cpiasia etc are the oversight committee who can 'audit' these figures since Govt's too can make serious errors.

There's no harm in independent scrutineers and experts giving their 10 cents worth.

If Govt & NGO's can work together, then we can place complete trust in their hands. Otherwise, we must continue to view these statistics as 'massaged' handiwork, & 'Vociferor Lupus' long into d night!

chong y l said...

DPP:)

Belatedly my response: your updated Post noted -- my ER are advised accrdingly, no tehtari' for surfing to donplaypuks.BC cos I then lose a client at My Blue Heaven:(

Hey, back to serious, THANKS for all thy usefool input and my lessthanusefull output at Pet sessions:)

Desi, knottyaSsusual
Thursday 19 June 2008

PS: Wrt www.cpiasia.org, please visit and mark down July 5, 10.30AM-12.30pmfor Launch at KLSCAH, KL.
An official PR will follow in GOoD time/dime:):)