My Anthem

Saturday, June 21, 2008

GOoD RidDdance to BAaD RubBbish

From the Star Online:

Saturday June 21, 2008
Lee leaves NS council tomorrow


KUALA LUMPUR: Tan Sri Lee Lam Thye will not seek reappointment to a three-year term as National Service (NS) Training Council non-executive chairman.

Lee, whose present term ends on Sunday, said Defence Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak had accepted his move not to seek reappointment.

“I feel I have done more than my fair share of national service. The time has come for me to vacate my position and leave it to the minister to find a suitable successor,” he said in a statement explaining his decision yesterday.

Describing the job in the NS council as the toughest and the most challenging public service job, Lee said there was no other public service appointment that was as demanding as the NS training programme.

He said this was largely because it had to do with managing nation building and human capital development within a timeframe of three months involving over 100,000 trainees, trainers, camp commandants and their support staff.


DESIDERATA:
My first reaction was as stated in the Post's TITLE, warts, typos and psychos and awe.

My second reaction was THINKING ALLOWED ALOUD: How much did the monies he received during this tenure amount to?

My third reaction: Doing NS?
My State is downed in the dumps by your type of leading: "Oh, the deaths are the DG's responsibility..." -- WHY DON'T YOU ACT LIKE A REAL "FACE OF NS" and take full responsibility, you mor..?
BUT THIS TAN SI CLAIMS CREDIT FOR THE "HIGH SUCCESSES" THE TRUMPET OF WHICH HE BLOWS HIMSELF!

GOoD RidDdance to BAaD RubBbish (II)

From the NST Online:


2008/06/20

I’m just a dust, says Samy Vellu
Syarifah Hunaini Syed Ismail, BERNAMA



KOTA BARU, Fri:

Refusing to be drawn into a prolonged war of words with Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, MIC President Datuk Seri S. Samy Vellu said today he rather not reply to a statement made by the former prime minister.

Saying he was “just a dust”, the former works minister said he would not make comments that could put the good name of his former boss in a bad light.

“I’m nobody, I’m just a dust. I cannot reply to him in any way that will belittle him. I don’t want to cause any damage to his good name.
:
:
:
Desiderata used to remember some familiar lines at funeral ervices, like...

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust...

TIMEly, eh?


Any ER wants to add to:

GOoD RidDdance to BAaD RubBbish (III)

1 comment:

mindful mariner said...

WTF was Samy referring to when he said he was 'just a dust'?

I know what 'dust' is, I even know what a 'speck of dust' is, but 'a dust' is something I have never heard of.

Could he have been misquoted, did he actually say "I am just a dunce"?

Or perhaps 'just a dust' is an anagram for:
JUST A STUD!
or maybe,
US ADJUST T..?

As far as LLT is concerned, he used to be of some use to society, but he has tuned his coat to become a subservient 'yes'-man.
Let's hope that the NS fiasco is the next thing to hit the proverbial dust S.V. was perhaps referring to!