My Anthem

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

STOP PRESS: RPK Will Speak at BUM2008!

This Update Post was originally written on Wednesday, April 23, 2008, and is now Re-dated so it enjoys a premier position, FOR OBVIOUS REASONS.:)

BUM2008 TOUCHES DOWN ON MAY 1: UPDATE


STOP PRESS!

The King of Bloggers residing at the most visited or gate-crashed cyberhome known as malaysia-today.net simply called by matey fans as "RPK" -- often mixed up with PKR, I often wonder about the connection! -- has confirmed he will be present at BUM2008 at the Lake View, Subang Jaya to celebrate Labour Day with fellow 150 Bloggers and Friends!

Yes, you heard Desi right! -- Raja Petra Kamarudin is gonna help raise the FUN-d and desibelles at the Hap Bloggers' Event of the Year with his story-telling and rumour-wining and dining which often proved later to be factual, to humour his legion of readers.

As Chair, I won RPK over with a diplomatic request that he is allowed to deviate from the said Topic as long as he entertains the participants with his brand of byting sarcasm so famously engraved in reams of paper at Bukit Aman when a double Muhammad tried to trifle with a seasoned Blogger who not only could quote Shakespeare, but also the Quran from where this writer humbly continually learns about Islam.

I admit I also learn some 4-letter words -- like Hell and F***! Hey, spell it out for you guys thinking othervice - Fake!

Can you imagine the opponent being a confessed State CEO lacking English mastery that he could not fill up the Immigration forms properly to rationalise his departure with RM2.4million out of Ozland. Luckily for the bloke, some Oz courts also turned into kangaroo, but I digress. Except an observation that this same guy has been rewarded to Minister-level via the backdoor -- for carrying Pak Lah's bag?

So to now double state for the record, Raja Petra is that "Surprise speaker" flagged off in our earlier Post dated March 24, 2008 for the Evening Brainstormy Session. Just listening to this insider into Royalty and UMNO and Opposition goings-on, especially the shenanigans committed by self-deluded "untouchables", is worth thy RM50 investment! (Plus of course, the Lamb/s if it/they could get to Warren Buffet's table by 8.30pm on May the First, -- which is steal a rumour to humour Thee!)

So late-comers, as is won't of diehard Malaysian habit not just sighted at the nunnery, what are you waiting for? The Treasurer says the Registrations is in the last lap towards the number 110-mark. Make a dash for it, you may just break M Jegathesan's 100m sprint record! ~~ Desi

UPDATEd wit'

DESsert follows on Fridae morn, when a childe like one Penanggal, brave soul, hydeing out near Hyde Parke, under the guise of shestrikes.blogpsot.com.

She laments she can't attend BUM2008; yet others still sit back and do nothing to join the partee of the year right, or left, at their own doorsteps. Sigh, such is Life!:(

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Life's art
Once in a while I do this.Think, smile, think, sigh, think, weep, think, love. In a random order.It is always so easy to speed on and being so focused, or should I say too focused that everything else is left aside or given the axe. So once in a while I do this and I'm glad to feel this way. To be humbled, awed and being grateful for everything that has occurred and for me to turn out still me, in the end.Sometimes I feel that the way the path is it's meant to be. Certainly true that we are the narrator of our stories and we are the navigator of our choices, but as stories unfold and the wind blows, we can't deny there is only so much we could do and leave the rest to destiny, to luck, to God's arms, however you perceive it to be.Emulating is tiring and perceiving is draining. Beams of hope can be shadowed once rejection occurs and climbing up the stairs always leave you breathless. The point when you accept the views, breathless as it is, it takes your breath away. And breathe, and breathe, and breathe.I feel good. The way I see it now, you see what you want to see.I've never had to be poor, I've never had to starve, I've never had to even share. Most has been to mine, myself and I have more to go round for all. Seeing the same homeless lady who sits in front of the library steps, the methadone addict who has so much to provide but just falls short to helping himself, the single mum who works as a stripper to provide for her child, her rent and her drama degree, I sympathise their fears.We have our own road to work on, mending potholes and finding new connecting paths, but once in a while? It's great to sit down, take a sip of water and think that the road so far is a wonderful work of life's art.
Sounded by Twisted Heels at 23:03 0 comments



One Penanggal always leads to another "twin" -- so hear's another tan-ny Y&A Voiz:) from pavlovaramblings.wordpress.com ~~~~~~~~

Life in point form
April 25, 2008 in Uncategorized | No comments

Today is one of those days I’m a bit nostalgic.

In a few months time, I’m going to be a quarter of a century old. What have I learned?

+ When you get thrown into the deep end in life, that’s where you know who you are.
Sometimes you are amazed at yourself on what your strengths and weaknesses are. It’s the best time to test limits and also to carve out a new you.

* Be open minded about the people you meet. Every person is very different. Some are horrible at first, but later on they proved to be the nice ones, and who stick by you through thick and thin.

+ “Are you pregnant? On drugs? If not, then no problem in the world is big enough!”
That’s what my Australian homestay mother told me when I burst into tears because my friends alienated me. Hey, I was 17. I was young, immature, naive. But, she does have a point.

*Friendships come and go. Treat your friends well while they’re with you, but don’t try to cling on to them if they obviously don’t want to be around you anymore. At the end of the day, another great friendship is just around the corner, waiting to be discovered.

+ If the people around you do not meet your expectations, let go of their shortcomings and appreciate their good points. Sometimes the people closest to you do or say the most hurtful things that you would ever imagine. It’s painful, damaging. However if you don’t let go of the grudge, the only person that gets killed is – yourself.

* You are meant to be in a shitty situation for a reason. Sometimes when you go through a horrible rut, getting through it is the most difficult part. It just doesn’t seem like there is a light at the end of the tunnel. But when you’ve finally emerged, you’ll realise that there was a reason why you went through all that shit.

+ Life’s all about equal and opposite reactions. It doesn’t need to take the book “The Secret” to tell you about it. Your good luck, good opportunities, good people around you are all based on how you approach life and people. Obviously the more positive you are, the better life treats you. To a certain extent.

*** Last but not least, be at peace with yourself. If you cannot find peace and comfort within yourself, then nobody else around you is ever going to satisfy you. Only you will know who you truly are.

10 comments:

TH said...

Hi Desi, great job on BUM '08 and sorry, I definitely will miss this :)

Hope all is well! Will drop by from time to time (very busy with work nowadays!)

sweetspirits said...

Hi Desi
Well just thought i should log by , I've been so busy lately , that is my excuse :) .Is that better than none ?
Anyways just wanted to say hi :)
cheerz tcz

A Voice said...

My Brother Desi

My heart will be at BUM 2008 but my body have to be in JB 2-4 for gapena do ... sob sob sob.

If you want to get shah berry, alert me fast, I'll try arrange for you.

You can always dump some of the other speakers to make way for the Minister. Most are regular speakers and they begin to be boringly a cliche.

So quick quick ...

chong y l said...

sweets:

Besides saying Hi,writ on luv'ly sand at Redhead Beach,I wish you conld join us at Lake View where BUMmers meet on May the First to celeb Bloggers-n-Labour Dies!:)
Chers awe te same from Msia to Oztralia:):)

chong y l said...

Bro "V"oiz not midnite or furongite!

Thanks for thy GOod thot -- I know thy sspirit2; I 've thot of including BN speakers -- BUT protocol gets in de way, you know-lah:)
Besta to leave it for another dime, another die -- Rockybru and Agent Jeff 001 bestA to handle:):)

'tead, "V" = Bring me sum Strawberry can?

chong y l said...

twisted heels:
all work and awe pray maketh Jill a nun-LOL!
Cometh 2009 May, becum a BUMmer, book thee, under ALL-Blogs:)

Sabrina Tan said...

heyo! didnt see my post there until now.. haha

yeah sorry mate, cant attend BUM on May 1.
but have a great gathering too! get those grey cells rocking ;)

Anonymous said...

Interesting piece of work. It would be nice if we can exchange links. Please let me know if it is ok. Do email me at arrica.lee@gmail.com

chong y l said...

pavlova:

Minta maaf Desi did knot gift thee sufficient notis to get AA aka Tony Fernandez -- is our Treasurer T Yew related to him ah? -- to sponsor thy tic for BUM2008.

Maybe sext dime at bum2009 -- how about you org IT in NZ and we will awe fry down -- Ilike LOTR countree, so faire dan free/flee...-- desi, knottyaSssual, cells churning white kopi:)

chong y l said...

arica:

Newbie to Desi's, hope you are not Lost at C wit'my DDC!:)

Come-lah to BUM2008 at Lake View -- knot lake wakatipu in NZ, that's for VK-tioners only! -- at Subang Jaya on May the First, when yyou are now tall, and I wish I was steal small...

Yes, link me any which way you wish -- jest remember my 30% from ADsen:) I wanna it in pound sterling or grenback OR front oso cun!