My Anthem

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Taking a slow drive ...

Around Seremban Lake Gardens.
Maybe I'd go for A&W Rut Bir. Plus a float if I ain't sinkin'.
No, Desi does not live on air, sunshine and love alone.

After quite a hectic weak in Kuala Lumpur/PJ, it gets you down.
For those who are just starting work, my advice is that IF you can get a decent job in Ipoh, Taiping, Furong or Port Dickson, even at half the pay as one in KL and PJ would pay, stay there. Stay in you less urbanised environs. Your life will be more peaceful and longer. And you make more meaningfool fRiends. (less inclined to say: "Drop the r, drop the R!" Question my take on such matters, OK! I am not a doctor -- like Maverick or Howsy my buddies, I am jest a mousey writHer, "observer of other kapypochic lives"?

And you think you are smarkAleck wanna do FREELANCE work at age 30?
Forget it, unless you have parents who are so loaded they can act as a bank, or Petronas acoounts scetion.

Freelance work requires a network of useful contacts -- even then, you have sometimes to behave like a "beggar". Can I share an incident with thee? Picturoise this dialogue:

Contact A: Chong, you have always been a great writer since schooldays. I am running this Technology magazine which I hope you can edit, once a monthh.

Desi: No prob. What's the sort of "allowance" do I get per month.

C.A: Since you have such a flair for writing, packaging the contents would be a breeze. (My words-lah, this chinakui would be incapable of such language use, I am just putting him up on a pedestal so that when the fall cometh...)

Desi: Hey, I need to do field work contacting the other contributing writers, travelling in KL and PJ is so pertol guzzlling and my Dad is working knot with Petronas.

(My roundabout way of being sarcastic-lah, and this C.A dated back to jurassic times...)

C.A: you can meet very high-level indsutry people, even politicians, who will be our POTENTIAL ADVERTISERS. You can easily get 4-figure from the 50-50 split in CONmissions.

Desi just stood up, tahnked the fellow for his generosity. Took leave before the dinner orders were taken. I still remember the place -- Dat Villa sext to the Lake View Club. Hey, C.A -- No, Desi does not live on air, sunshine and love alone!


IF YOU HAVE TO ARSK WHERE LVC IS, please refer to Dr Maverick sm and Dr Say Yee How?
Yeah, C.A he wants a writer to be a performaing Editor, and then am Ad Marketing Manager.
WTF***s, why don't you arsek your brothewr or sister or wife to do it, eh? God also gave them each a beautiful mind, yes?
Luckily today is knot Sundae, so part-swearing is exceptional!

:
:
:


Im feeling' low today
my next paychek is maybe two or three months away
so if you have a quik writing job that pays immdediately
CONtact Desi pronto, and I'd come runnin' like crazy

It's Tuesday.
Methinks I'd join Morrie for some company.:)

Chow!
Which means Seeya, meanw'ile, behave thyself

OR

Eat the blardy madsin

no xxcuse for knot working to earn
thy CON BF!:(

6 comments:

Helen said...

Well, your friend really don't have much, but you gotta hand it to him he sure has guts to propose this to you.

Where in the world proposal don't come with ring one? lol

Anonymous said...

Hi Desi, I was just about to ask you for pointers to write on a part time basis.

chong y l said...

helen jie-jie:

you are lucky being hoime-making not having to go around making/receving Proposals.

No ring, no flowers, no FUN-d!:)

chong y l said...

brudder IMRAN:

long time no hear, pls wait for a Sundae Interlude for me to write on your Topic! Miss patience is also virtuous!:)

mindylo said...

Hi, just passing by. I am not a blogger, or not one as yet. But, I am a blog hopper!

mindy

chong y l said...

mindylo:

welcome thee -- firsttime methinks!:) -- with a cuppa of tehtraik, Desi's Place tradition.

Hey, start a blog soon -- 3 simple steps via blogger.com:):):)

You have many privileges to abuse, like, digresing anytime you like, even bore thy readers till the cows come home, or knot!:)