My Anthem

Thursday, July 26, 2007

s-MILE

along with this Post inspired by awe the lovely Lisas/Lizas of the world.

A recuperating patient benefits much from music therapy. I have always grown up song song and poetry, rhythm and rhyme. Besides, I can recover faster on the s-MILES swirling all around me -- loved ones, friends near and far. We may be seprated by vast land and the se&en seas; but I close my eyes and I can visualise the shadow of a s-mile from miles away. From mGf -- myGOoDfriend in the singular or plural.

I am not naming names. If thou art one in Desi's mind, I assure thee "you too are oft on my mind". I hope you feel it too. It's not only with the eyes you see -- the essential things in life are oft seen by thy heart. So take care of your heart. Live healthy. Eat healthy. THINK HEALTHY THOUGHTS -- like reaching out to touch thy neighbour's hand, lightening up his/her eyes with your mystic smile.:)

As a child, the first base touched was with an Elizabeth was Queen of England, head of Commonwealth -- of which Malaya was a member -- followed by Malaysia after gaining Independence on August 31, 1957. Hers was the regal face on Malayan stamps, and we still pen-palled using the slow mail, don't you remember, my puppy-loves? But still in the 1950s hand-writ letters travelled faster and more reliably -- just two days! -- than a semi-valued bullockart serbis in early 2000s from KL-Penang -- 1-1/2 months!

Then I grew olde enough to enjoy Elizabeth Browning's (and her significant Other Robert's) poems. How much do I love thee? Let me count the ways. On balance, just that my new freinds think Desi as innocence of a babe defined at 13 -- I was knotty to peek at my best friend David Yen's PlayGirl and Penthouse (I thoght that was the adult spelling for Henhouse:).

Then I became besotted with Eliza Doolittle, or was it more with Julie Andrews playing the part in George Bernard Shaw's Pygmalion aka My Fair Lady. Primroses and Mei and Sweets -- do you steal dance all night?I still can recite "On the street where you live"; and for those who want to upgrade your language, learning y rote some unforgettable lyrics will help thy grammar along. Please as a claimed scribe, don't flag off, in BOLD somemore slogans like "May the Truth Kills Us All"!


Then Johnny Mathis enthralled with his memorable Mona Lisa, also The shadow of your smile; and when Julia Roberts flashes her effervescent s-MILE last night on TV8, I also received a "Get wellA soon" greAting from one eWong (If you guess right who she's, I'll give thee a signed kopi of my First Anthology, but you have to buy Desi CON BF on Sundae at Meng Kee, buried somewhere in the Furong mazeworthTHEw'ile?) This kopi may be worth as much as Leonardo Da Vinci's "The Lady with the mystic smile" painting because as always, artworks are always priceless when the artiste is cold and gone from this sometimes cruel mother Earth, so also expyred poets' weaked wroks.

:
:
:

S-m-i-l-e

Skeeter Davis lyrics

Smile though your heart is aching smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you
Light up your face with gladness hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying smile what's the use of crying

You'll find that life is still worthwhile if you just smile
Light up your face with gladness...

(aMore to flow while I take my lunch break, and of course, GOoD willing...:)

4 comments:

TH said...

*smiles at Desi*

There you go, a smile beyond miles!

:)

chong y l said...

theels, wherever thou art:

s-MILE-s
:)back2kcab:)

sweetspirits said...

:) my trade mark hehe .
tcz

chong y l said...

sweets:

You are aweways spirit-lifting, skippy-ing
across the SE7EN Cs -- Desi:):):):):):):)