My Anthem

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

wedNURSEdae's no-more-woes

I'm offering something to make thee Happy instead.
Can I call thee Miss Happy? I can't call Him Mister Happy, it doesn't sound right!
What doesn't sound right is JARRING. I've had enough of jarring. (Please not TWO 'r', otherwise, one telco may sue pauper-Desi-writHer:( and maybe some,or perhaps, a few, or mayhaps, just ONE!,esteemedreader, may not get your daily fix, and probably suffer witsdrawal sindrum.

I chided Howsy for revealing so much about Paddy Bowie from Goodgling for baad stuff, but he left out the most pertinent detail: Is she at least partially of Chinoserie blood?

I also chided my ER for being thoroughly incorregibly lazy bummers sitting on their butts. I fed them Words of love, but they remain passive recipients. Citing jest one case: I advised potential asspirants to radio or TV broadcasters to beware Decency Rule Number 1: Don't be guilty of shouting medDEEsin while on air, or crying out loud on wedNURSEday just because the nurse calls in sick. Yet the community messages on L&E went on endlessly, jarringly, (several weeks now!) so much so at lunchtime yesterday when I was hit in a public arena by the SINfool message from a booming loudspeaker, I thought allowed, THAT CALLS FOR SOME ACTION! So I SMS-ed a cool cat (Kit Kat anyone for a five break?:)

Inside me I was talking to myself, which is not a healthy sign as it implies you are bottling up when you should throw all the wedNURSEdae's Woes out of the window! "How come NONE of my ER are motivated enough to pursue this sensitive matter with the rightful authourities to remedy the illNURSE?" I was thinking allowed. Suddenly the bulb over my head lights up. Maybe DESI'S WORDS, and Words are all I have, To take your heart away, are not working!

Then lust night, I told myself, tomorrow I would offer them CHOCOLAT!

I must offer them the beguiling sweet, delicious, mouth watering chocolat. It seduces. It brings a youthful smile on the lass' face. It lights up the brat's face. It gives a glow even to your enemy's blardy face. Yes, I would seduce damned with chocolat.

In also realise the French and Malaysian Chinese have something, at least one, in common -- we pronounce this SweetMWT the same way, Chok-Ke-Lat, the last syllable same as the famous Malaysian artist also known as "Kampong Boy". Now a Datuk. Just like Paddy Bowie, according to Howsy, a Datuk. Also a Dr. Also wityh powerful connections -- to YTL, no less. But revelaing too much here of irerelent/irreverent details is not Desi's inention -- it's Howsy's. My question to him was: Does she have some 33-50% Chineserie blood in her veins. Otherwise, why the babbling on behalf of the MC like Helen, Mave, Anak M. and Desi? I did not APpoint her as my spokesman, did the rest of the above mentioned Eminent Malaysians -- with or minus Datukship or doctorate, first rate of half-past-six, you think I care?-- did you?

Now, what has that long Intro got to do with Chocolat? Frankly I dunno, and I think I owe thee an explanation. This is my Blog unless ytou want to offer me 20million to take it off my chest?

Otherwise, please accept my lemons, brickbats, or chocolates when I offer, OK? And that's rhetorical, even dictatorial, non-question to emphasise the point that Blogging comes with lots of privileges to A-buse. Start one today, yes, make some chocolats.

10.10AM: ~~~Inter-miss-ion~~~ w'ile Desi follows in the giant foolsteps of Howsy and Anak M: GoodGling for some Cut&Paste, you know,for the chocolat ingredients...

WHEN i did a reveal of YE YAN, someone enjoyed The Banquet so mush she left a compliment, viz:


"Good review but dun reveal all lar!! lol Too naked already, where's the tease?"


I did not promise a strip-tease. I gave a hint of some moments of sexuality so well crafted and depicted by the Director, but some readers raed more into it than what Desi had in mind. Never mind, I won't be guilty of a similar bind today as I'm tackling a harmless subject of making and selling chocolats.

Six years late, but I assure you, the ingredients keep well, the French know how to keep many things well, fighting the ravages of time, which explains mGf Howsy's constant sojourns to gay Paree. Mimi, Nicole, plus BB and Royale. If thou knoweth not who BB is, please getta oouch of here!

Extract (a C&P,please don't complain)


Vianne Rocher and her 6-year-old daughter move to a small village in southern France, near Toulouse, and open a chocolate shop across from the church, just as the town is preparing to observe Lent. The parish priest is horrified, especially since Vianne keeps her tempting shop open on Sundays. In time, the arrival of the mother/daughter team and their shop transforms the conservative and religious...

Starring: Juliette Binoche, Johnny Depp, Lena Olin, Judi Dench, Alfred Molina
Directed by: Lasse Hallstrom
Produced by: Harvey Weinstein, Bob Weinstein, Meryl Poster

DESI: If you had missed this movie, grab a DVD copy and see it with one bf or gf -- no 3some Okay, we are Malaysians well brought up on sweet straight romance like Mills&Boon, not quaint queer DH Lawrence! But if you want to be a knotty writer klike Desi, you must go against the grain. Yes, try eating chocolat with nazi lemak or charkueydiaw!

Frankly, I fell in love with Juliette Binoche at first bite of her chocolat. I even got jealous of Johnny come-early Depp. I also fell in love with Juliette's character of going against the norm (:-0-:) Yes, you can say that again, "Rebel Without a Cause" except that we believe in ourselves, sincerity in our own faith, and sharing things beautiful, yes, Chocolate.
But the movie is about non-formation, about mindset change for something novel, could be good, for the better. even may yet result in some "salvation" away from the pulpit.

Remember, the path to Hell is paved with good intentions.
Chocolat represents temptation, but sometimes yielding to cerain types of temptation wrapped in love, concoctions of sincerity and belief-in-oneslef against strictures of officialdom, may just put one's path back right to H'aven.
If one doesn't reach heaven, it's alright with Desi as long as he gets the chocolatier.Beautiful, beautifying, ravishing, riveting Juliette Binoche, and her coolcat, charming Chocolat.

This coming December, I'm looking forward to some Witstaker and Witsgifter Chocolats if Insyallah, I can keep a date with two Penang gals homeward bound from the East- and Westwards of Negaraku.

I'll bring thee, Godwilling, some more Chocolat later, Okay. Stay tuned to the screen.

UPDATE@1.11PM:


Was I Mister Happy when The Independent brought Desi this update of another potential date with The Chocolatier~~

"She was the beautiful and enigmatic stranger who changed the image of chocolatiers for ever by acquainting an oppressed French village with her delectable "nipples of Venus", hazelnut clusters and chocolate seashells before heading into the sunset with an amour.

Now Vianne Rocher, the subversive heroine of Joanne Harris' Whitbread-shortlisted novel Chocolat, is to return in a sequel.

Vianne, played in the film adaptation by Juliette Binoche, and her daughter Anuok, a character based on Harris's daughter Anouchka, materialise in the Montmartre district of Paris for the author's sequel, The Lollipop Shoes, which the Barnsley writer promises will be a darker novel than the first and is set four years after the conclusion of Chocolat.

The new novel reveals what became evident as the first novel wore on: that Vianne would never be able to settle in the village of Lansquenet-sous-Tannes, in Gascony, where she arrived with six-year-old Anuok to set up her chocolaterie, La CĂ©leste Praline.

"This time they have settled in Paris instead," Harris said. "Mother and daughter have changed but not always in the best ways."

The location might be different but it seems the chocolate theme will run through into the sequel, which Harris expects to finish by the end of the year and which will be published in May. "Fans of the chocolate scenes will not be disappointed," she said.

In the first novel - a publishing phenomenon - Vianne has something of a white witch element about her when she arrives in town with her sprite-like daughter to sell chocolates opposite the church at the start of Lent.

"I sell dreams, small comforts, sweet harmless temptations to bring down a multitude of saints crash-crash-crashing amongst the hazels and nougatines," Vianne says.

Inevitably, she comes into conflict with the self-righteous priest, Francis Reynaud - "a man-shaped darkness cut into the air".

Though church presents no such conflict in the new novel, there is another enemy. It is "someone someone much closer to Vianne, a strong, ruthless female," Harris reveals. The magic scenes will also be replicated.

The return of Vianne may surprise fans of Harris who, on her website two years ago, said she doubted that she would write about Vianne again.

"Perhaps one day I'll write about Anouk as she grows up, but for now I have no idea what happened to either of them," she said at the time. The temptation has evidently proved irresistible, though Harris insists she was under no pressure from her publishers, Doubleday, to deliver a sequel.

DESIDERATA: Success always brews a sequel. And Desi has not tasted enought of Viane's cahrms, Also her chocolat. Harris knows, and obliges.

Nowlet's see if Miss Juliette Binoche wil reprise her role. I'd like to see more of her, with or without Da Chocolat. But definitely minus Howsy, Mimi and Nicole.

6 comments:

Helen said...

Where's my panadol? Your post giving me a headache.... :-)

Arena Green said...

Yes, yes, take away Ms Vianne & sail the high seas - I'll have yummilicious Roux & the chocolat ALL TO MYSELF! Mmmm .. :D

Anonymous said...

You're high today from chocolates! Not only it seduces, it calms those nerves after a stressful day. You missed that part out :)

I heard the movie was pretty good but I just read the novel.

chong y l said...

helen & anak M:

I detect some tinge -- the slightest whiff -- of jelesis in the air, now taut with tension and attention on vianne's vivacious green eyes>

I sigh, good buy-Bye!:):):) to all three of thee, and off course, the chocolat, three yaers later. Maybe Helen and Anak can taudition for tat part "...It is "someone someone much closer to Vianne, a strong, ruthless female"? w'ile Desi will try to usurp J. Depp's throne. He's a shallow thorn:(

chong y l said...

twisted heels:

you have stressfool daes, even with mountainbaking and busman's holidaes?

I'm jeles of your witsgifter ways, can't wait for December...I'd trade Furong Siew Pau-pau if Helen&Anak M. don't mine. Let's pass the chocolat around. What goes A-round...

PS: THeels, would thee try to A-udition for that Anouk role? Meantime, learn some french, wilya: teAch Desi sum when you return, but tis secondary in priority to Chocolat, K!

chong y l said...

PS to "Deleted" owner: Your chocolat is one century olde; I've DHL IT to Muzium NegaraKu.