My Anthem

Friday, October 06, 2006

An MC Serenade

It was on full moon eon nights ago
Down by quiet demure Sungei Ujong
Where else but innocent PP-Furong
Desi like a young buck reckless and bold
Spied a yound doe doe-eyed and demure


Shakespeare's words worked like magic
If music be the food of love play on
So with Chinoserie tea taesed with **Li Bai's poem
I seduced her with bean paste and lotus seeds in a round cake
Our first time we did in Heaven's rippling bosom partake


Oh holy cow I did not know it could be so beguilin'
We did in in all positions, left, right and all-the-in-between
I didn't know that she was not yet sweet seventeen
Had we been caught, Desi would have been a has-been
Luckily she coo-ED: Let's make believe it's just a Dream


As the moonbeams lit up the skies
We sang such love songs but no lullabies
She composed Li-Bai-esque recalling her village home
I tricked her reciting Browning's How Do I Love Thee tome
And we made It for the first time, it's so sublime


Now how old was I then? I hear aloud not-shy AM
I whispered in her ears: I could be your PM
Helen interrupts with: Please don't speak in tongue
And Desi in all slyness did say: I was born not Yesterday
So all my troubles were here to stay


But I'd let out a secret tonight
When the moon turns full and bright
All mGf near, far and wide
Look Up and tell me what do you see
Does Zhang Er dook like a beaming bride?


I kept a date with her another mid-autmn night
By the River Ujong now not so elegant
By Seremban town now no more a Peyton
The shy lass I first did it with grew impatient
Desi did not make the date as he's been laden


By the heavy burden of Life I was delayed
Green-eyed Zhang Er flew up, up and away
Full of anger, fool in rage
I ran like a rabbit but missed her by a few bites
The tea was cold, and the mooncake overrun with mites


So when you look up tonight
It may not be a compleatly happy sight
Zhang Ziyi's mum's no delight, the poor rabbit's in fright
My beloved, I know I was late, Oh mid-autumnal moon
I sigh, why art thou gone too soon?


But never mind, the moonbeams will stream
Furong's idyllic and sweet and sensual dream
To thee, my GOoD friends met and some not yet
We'll still party, Eat Drink and Be Merry
This poem is specially dedicated to Thee


~~Desi
October 6, 2006
in anticipation of Da Full Moonlight
Over DDC TV LIVE @8.00PM, tonight


PS: To all myGOoDfriends Anak Merdeka, Yan and Helen et al,
Thanks for the mooncakes I know you'd like Desi to share and ball
I'm taking a rain-check, for I won't like it to pour
Eight PM is a h'avenly hour, I'm not spoiling It for you awe.
Maybe come December I may try
To gather all my Blogger friends not so shy
Taste some witstaker and witsgifter MC
With some ER ingredients and Desi's Secret Recipe
Tinged with heavenly chocolats from East and West
Each present will be conscripted Sabbie's and Theels' guest.

9 comments:

Helen said...

Happy Mooncake festival!! :-)

Thanks for the neked poem.... Yes, yes, it's clothed with nice words, but nevertheless, extremely revealing in Mr Desi's standard.

More more, encore, encore.....

dreameridiot said...

What you shared with me earlier is soo true... Read the PM's response to the equity report. The rich hoarding up for themselves and playing politikus.

But, let's put that aside, eating mooncakes and sipping tea! Happy midautumn festival!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mid Autumn Festival to you too! Have my favourite lotus paste on my behalf :(

Maverick SM said...

Happy mooncake festival; watch the sugar...

Arena Green said...

I'm not late - YET! Thanks for being so obligatory, your poem is lovely and indeed I toasted Desi with my cuppa of green tea and mooncake so velvety!

But the haze is spoiling the party, for the moon refuse to shine brightly,
And I'm left without my shadow,
mayhaps it'll come up & dance again tomorrow .. :)

CHEERS & Happy Mid-Autumn Festival everyone!!

chong y l said...

helen:

you want more, or Amore?

Agree to Co="managAring" Bloggers N-S plus Middle Meet in Ipoh/Taiping?

chong y l said...

dreamerI:

I was half-expecting some PUISI from thee -- hey, get on board should the Bloggers Meet (read earlier Comment response...) take off eh!

We may even hold a Pantun Cuntest~~ Helen, Anaak Merdeka that follows ~~ Game?

chong y l said...

twisted heels: Thou and SabrinaTan pls treat this as Official Notis that should that December Nloggers Meet take off, bring some Witty Chocolat (with Binoche kisses!) to make Secret Recipe MC!
Badder later than Never!:)

PSl Try dra/druging Howsy back to NegaraKu to stengthen Ipohlang/Helen's teAm. Down South I lady have Anak M in tow (CONscripted!:) Desi is not jest Kapitalist some time, also a Dicktator odd times! LOL!

chong y l said...

anak merdeka:

Forgive Desi that the Furong Haze covered Da Moon lust night, but I heard thy Toast!
Now Notis is given thee about your December Co-ManagAr's (with Helen who else?) PR tasks. Art thou taking us Down Under in long term?

Now where's my Dur'an Dur'an MC? Tit-for-tete sin(CE) I gave thee a Poem!