My Anthem

Sunday, March 23, 2008

I miss My Blue H'aven...

desiderata.english

I went to the Christian cemetery in Sikamat early this morning to lay some flowers and have a conversation with my late Mum -- who passed away at sweet 69, but to Desi, she's always around with her perennial smile and comforting soft hands. Yes, Madam Fong Cook Ying, Maria, is an angel in this son's eyes, aweways:). Moved on to a better place I know, but her fresh face and encoraging countenance is always lighting up my daily path, and for that alone, I promise her I won't do another human soul any wrong, wittingly.

My cyber-home has been a weekend refuge for conversations with feel-GOoD people around me. Yes, in blogosphere we meet many strangers at first, some have a quick Hello, wave of the hand, then move on. Others do linger for a chat, and when our wavelengths overlap more than as acquaintances, we begin to reach out, exchange From-the-HEart views. I think some even treat Desi as a Confidante -- maybe Einstein-looking locks of wisdom above sell me off as badder than paying RM100-4-15minutes on that blrdy couch, and that blardy Psychiatrist might even be having more than 40 winks wit' 1-1/2 eys closed. To these "soumates", I thank yee for the fRiendship which I will treasure above all the material comforts on the terra cota we stand. "GreAtings, Sweetspirits to All/Awe". myGOoDfriend (mGf), wherever thou art, GBless!

Okay, some Blogging conversationists even graduate to become fRiends, a few were almost, but the "R" fell away with shiting sands, and shifty eyes. Could be his, could be yours, could be mine.
But whatever, blogging has been kind to Desi. As a well-quoted saying goes -- Some people come into your life for a Reason, some for a Season, a select few for a Lifetime.

Within one-and-half-months of flag-off on De Ides of March three years back, My Blue Heaven paid off in the form of an invite to write for a newspaper. Other assignments came by public-relations type of territory -- you can call it mercenary even, but do I care if it adds Kaya to my plain bread-and-butter. One newly-acquired fRiend knows Desi wellA by gifting me "Skippy Crunchy Peanut Butter" as I recovered from one desert stormy Op -- yeah, I topped up my french toast wit' THREE layers of PN butter, and Charlie Brown looks askance with envy. I don'tknow if Charles Schultz (can some1 who's sticker for accurate Spelling check this one out for Desi? I'll buy thee CON BF next Sundae!) was looking likewise from somewhere -- like the Truth Is Out There! -- when I laid some flowers and said a quiet prayer for Mum just now.

With time to spare (I almost said 'kill' but methinks it's not appropriate at a cemetery...), I strolled around through the neat rows of tombstones. Many patches were overgrown with grass -- did some1 say Ops lalang visited here too?-- but Desi chanced upon an oblong area measuring some 15 feet by 50 feet that looked super tidy and well-sheperded. A closer look showed most of the "deceased" were young British soldiers -- as junior as 18-year-old high-school students, hardly any above the age of 30 -- who gave their lives serving then Malaya. Most lost their earthly sohourns fighting the Communists during the Emergency -- but I am glad to see the British authorities have have their "sacrifices"in our memories alive through a well kept lying-in-peace beds amidst the green, green grass and some annual gifts of flowers by loved ones. Yes, it's good to remember. Even better to be remembered.

I hope to touch base with My Blue Heaven in restful and relaxing ways that I will constantly
remember to count my blessings -- just being alive to breathe every Sunday's morning air, and see the unendingly changing hues on the far horizon 'twist sunrise and dusk.

Mum, I love thee and I know you'll look over me, keep me safe from all harm
that I may rest with the calmness of a child when every night falls.
God rest thy soul, and may God and an angel like Thee continue to Bless me,
all Homo sapiens creatures BIG and small -- some Lost, some Confused, all human -- in our constant wanderings, wonderings, and sometimes wayward writes. ~~ Amen/Amin

No comments: