My Anthem

Sunday, January 21, 2007

BONUS TRACK: My fave Dylan's songs

This is a Bonus Inter:LUde because I have been sweet-spirited.
Also, I have the Time if you have a Mind -- we don't need any Dime.
Whether thou art from Londonerry Faire, Queensland Bay or Ipoh-cum-Seremban boonstocks, here's to AweOfMyER in the plural~~~~~~~ arising from:

mGf sweets from DU (PLease, not folowed by d H!) sent greAtings regularly, and yesterday when all my troubles seemed so faraway (Yes, from a Beatles' evergreen -- lest I don't die a Brendan P. death by plagiarism!), she asked:
"DEsi, what's your favourite Bob Dylan's songs?"
and delivering sweet Sundae manna to this MY Blue H'aven~~

---------------------------------
Desi

Btw my fav Bob Dylan song is

i believe in you


They ask me how I feel
And if my love is real
And how I know I'll make it through.
And they, they look at me and frown,
They'd like to drive me from this town,
They don't want me around
'Cause I believe in you.

They show me to the door,
They say don't come back no more
'Cause I don't be like they'd like me to,
And I walk out on my own
A thousand miles from home
But I don't feel alone
'Cause I believe in you.


And my "P&C" response, I don't know who stole IT and posted it hear!:(
Nah mine, YOU won't be sued for plagiarism.:)

___________________________________________


Hi sweets:

Thanks for your Bob D songs - revive sweet memories of
my TWeen times. I may just make it the subject of a
coming T&C article!


Thanks for thy inspiration!

My fave Dylan's is BLOWIN' IN THE WIND; it's relevant
again because of stubborn Bush's continued aggression
in Iraq!:(


I'm posting up a Special Sundae-Interlude after
sending this reply:)


Chow, take care
Caress the nearest person next to you, NOW!


YL, Desi
Still knotty and incorrigible!:)





BLOWIN' IN THE WIND


How many roads must a man walk down
Before you call him a man?
Yes, 'n' how many seas must a white dove sail
Before she sleeps in the sand?
Yes, 'n' how many times must the cannon balls fly
Before they're forever banned?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,
The answer is blowin' in the wind.


How many times must a man look up
Before he can see the sky?
Yes, 'n' how many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
Yes, 'n' how many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,
The answer is blowin' in the wind.


How many years can a mountain exist
Before it's washed to the sea?
Yes, 'n' how many years can some people exist
Before they're allowed to be free?
Yes, 'n' how many times can a man turn his head,
Pretending he just doesn't see?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,
The answer is blowin' in the wind
.


_______________________




BUt some, if not a major section, of my EsteemedReaders are also civil-politically-inclined activists, like Desi, so here's one aMore faveourite, focus on the contents
and see if they are relevant today as in the 1960s/70s, my Tween dies.

:) to Sweetspirits
:) to meself
:) to all the Voyeuristic ER peeping in, or out.


CHIMES of FREEDOM


Far between sundown's finish an' midnight's broken toll
We ducked inside the doorway, thunder crashing
As majestic bells of bolts struck shadows in the sounds
Seeming to be the chimes of freedom flashing
Flashing for the warriors whose strength is not to fight
Flashing for the refugees on the unarmed road of flight
An' for each an' ev'ry underdog soldier in the night
An' we gazed upon the chimes of freedom flashing.


In the city's melted furnace, unexpectedly we watched
With faces hidden while the walls were tightening
As the echo of the wedding bells before the blowin' rain
Dissolved into the bells of the lightning
Tolling for the rebel, tolling for the rake
Tolling for the luckless, the abandoned an' forsaked
Tolling for the outcast, burnin' constantly at stake
An' we gazed upon the chimes of freedom flashing.


Through the mad mystic hammering of the wild ripping hail
The sky cracked its poems in naked wonder
That the clinging of the church bells blew far into the breeze
Leaving only bells of lightning and its thunder
Striking for the gentle, striking for the kind
Striking for the guardians and protectors of the mind
An' the unpawned painter behind beyond his rightful time
An' we gazed upon the chimes of freedom flashing.


Through the wild cathedral evening the rain unraveled tales
For the disrobed faceless forms of no position
Tolling for the tongues with no place to bring their thoughts
All down in taken-for-granted situations
Tolling for the deaf an' blind, tolling for the mute
Tolling for the mistreated, mateless mother, the mistitled prostitute
For the misdemeanor outlaw, chased an' cheated by pursuit
An' we gazed upon the chimes of freedom flashing.


Even though a cloud's white curtain in a far-off corner flashed
An' the hypnotic splattered mist was slowly lifting
Electric light still struck like arrows, fired but for the ones
Condemned to drift or else be kept from drifting
Tolling for the searching ones, on their speechless, seeking trail
For the lonesome-hearted lovers with too personal a tale
An' for each unharmful, gentle soul misplaced inside a jail
An' we gazed upon the chimes of freedom flashing.


Starry-eyed an' laughing as I recall when we were caught
Trapped by no track of hours for they hanged suspended
As we listened one last time an' we watched with one last look
Spellbound an' swallowed 'til the tolling ended
Tolling for the aching ones whose wounds cannot be nursed
For the countless confused, accused, misused, strung-out ones an' worse
An' for every hung-up person in the whole wide universe
An' we gazed upon the chimes of freedom flashing.



Copyright © 1964;
renewed 1992 Special Rider Music

2 comments:

sweetspirits said...

Hmm logging by to share a :).
Well my dear friend , it's been a swelting 42 deg 2 day ,so i've been a lazy spirit .

cheerz tcz

chong y l said...

sweets:

thy s-miles linger, seen from mile-s away from Up Hear!:)

CheArs duly returned doubly full-ed!:):)