My Anthem

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

welcome joy, from sadness arise

When I read about strife, disaster, from everyday mondane life to gigantic scale catsatrophe like terror attacks and inter-territory wars, I also hear echoes from certain quarters that these are signs and days of the impending "end of the world".

Desi as a writer thinks as long as men continue to war and fight over terrain and the bounty of the land, the impending "end" won't be such an easy, absolute finale to his greed. Isn't it greed at the peak of all the reasons leaders and governments try to hide as the prime and primordial motivation behind all their expressed noble intentions of bringing civilization (salvation?) to thy neighbour's land?

Spreading the dreams of democracy to enter Iraq and Kuwait?
More like the Balck Gold that awaits the victor.

So let's not get ourselves caught up in the crap of PoliticSpeak and its Perpertrators who abuse others' intelligence to no end.
Let's ENJOY the beauty of Wordsmiths and their creative spirit. So that even from Sadness, we reap Beauty, and Enjoyment of Life.

Welcoming a fellow blogger back from Escapeville ... sumtimes they call it a hiatus?... okay-lah, excuses are aloud;), I dedicate this PrimeDay's cut in answer to her honest to nature capture of a seaside sunset Down Under (http://sweetspirits.blogspot.com) , and I can sense its serenity to feed my hands ridingover Matey's keys on an otherwise mnodane day ...so often associated, poor dear, with Monday Blues:(


From darkness will spring forth light.

From sadness -- even the deepest one -- will spring forth joy. 'Cos you have fRiends and you care for them as they care for thee.

I recall from sweets webpage:

August 30, 2005

Pablo Neruda.......

SADDEST POEM

I can write the saddest poem of all tonight.

Write, for instance: "The night is full of stars,
and the stars, blue, shiver in the distance."

The night wind whirls in the sky and sings.

I can write the saddest poem of all tonight.
I loved her, and sometimes she loved me too.


On nights like this, I held her in my arms.
I kissed her so many times under the infinite sky.

She loved me, sometimes I loved her.
How could I not have loved her large, still eyes?

I can write the saddest poem of all tonight.
To think I don't have her. To feel that I've lost her.

To hear the immense night, more immense without her.
And the poem falls to the soul as dew to grass.


What does it matter that my love couldn't keep her.
The night is full of stars and she is not with me.

That's all. Far away, someone sings. Far away.
My soul is lost without her.

As if to bring her near, my eyes search for her.
My heart searches for her and she is not with me.

The same night that whitens the same trees.
We, we who were, we are the same no longer.


I no longer love her, true, but how much I loved her.
My voice searched the wind to touch her ear.

Someone else's. She will be someone else's. As she once
belonged to my kisses.
Her voice, her light body. Her infinite eyes.

I no longer love her, true, but perhaps I love her.
Love is so short and oblivion so long.


Because on nights like this I held her in my arms,
my soul is lost without her.

Although this may be the last pain she causes me,
and this may be the last poem I write for her.


with mighty thanks to Pablo Neruda

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Desi,

I am happy that Sweets is finally back! Hehe.

People are living in delusion, greed and they do not realise how destructive it could be. Sigh... I guess we have no power over the others. Let's just hope that things would be better starting from now on. :)

I love the poem. It's really nice.

Cheers and one teh tarik to thee!

chong y l said...

kyels:

i'm with you on this -- THINGS WILL ONLY GET BETER FROM NOW!:)

Most times, it's just MIND over MATTER.

So sweets, from Sadness we'll all reap Joy.
Success to all my DearReaders, in whatever you're doing -
things big and small.
Take time to smell the roses.

imran said...

How optimistic you all are. Unless something big happens, for example an eagle sweeping down parliament and flying off with the dead wood there, nothing will change, not until the next Elections.

Anyway, I will join you guy with this optimism and hope that changes will take place.

One teh-tarik to thy!

chong y l said...

brudder:

kels (i read her well) and I mean mor at OUR PERSONAL JOURNEYS in this roue called life -- we are abandoning politicsville remember? -- yeah, things will only get better (>badder days, here we kum:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Desi,

Hopefully things will get better soon!

Cheers!

chong y l said...

kyels:

hope those english i.cowwws are no voyeAuring here:

it's not just going to be better -- it's going to be better-EST of em all -- when we get to that
spirite
des
tination!:):):):):):):)

PS: also reminder -- bring thy TAIpingBest2!

If others find we are talkin' Grik, it's meant to be that way -- KONversations3...:(

sweetspirits said...

Hello My Dear Friend

Im not sad i am in good spirit :)
yes indeed Desi , some ppl only think money money money.

Og course we all need it to get by, but some ppl's lives are ruled by how much they earn ,how much better they think they are bcoz of their wealth.

How wrong they are ;)

anyways i'll catch up soon with everyone now is busy busy busy time over here tsk tsk.

tcz all

chong y l said...

hi sweets:

i know you are NWin hi-spirits.

the saddest poem belongs to NostalgiaLand -- we need to detour there once a while.

it's good to see thee beesy
but find find to come backfor more tehsi/desi!:)