My Anthem

Friday, November 25, 2005

The Marathon M/F

The Marathon Man

He swims against the tide
And rows the boat upstream
He drinks straight from the pipe
Others desire the evian du dream


She sings of labour as Joy
Others complain daily of mondane's toil
She brings up kids by the dozen
Wayward kids, aimless rovers, the Lost Ctitizen


Ne'er mind the toil of labour
If it's for country and fellow mankind
It's worth the while to pause and savour
That Nature has still its fruits to share
yet leave some behind


So run that extra mile
Wake up before the sunshine
So carry your ailing brother for a while
The burdened shared is lessened o' Divine


When other bodies rest in the shade
You challenge yours in the heat to make
A thousand smiles out of a hundred frowns
A thousand servicemen out of a hundred clowns


The Most Honourable ones are not in the zoo
At Parliament House they speak from morn till dawn
You call me monkee, I call thee moron
Yes, making mega bucks while dishinh out drivel for a yawn


Common folks, my friends
We don't need these leaders to make amends
The vote in in your hand
It's you who make the Marathon Man


So let's swim in the cold waters
Let the YBs enjoy theit hot showers
They play monkees and morons
Let's laff at 'em donkeys at our sojourns


At first glance you think M/F
is either Male or Female, right?
That's 'cos of your preconditioned mind
Says Desi, may he a li'l direct,a mite unkind


Many counsel thee to think out of the box
But you ask: what does that mean
I'll say this: Life's often a hoax
Just contiue swimming upstream



If you stil can't be a Marathan Man
It doesn't matter
We'll all be the happier
If you maketh a Marathon Friend



PS at 10.22am:
As a special Flight&Easy dedication, Desi dedicates to one mGf who has been running a maradonnathon with Desi for some time. We'll keep on running ...

The Impossible Dream
Lyrics by Joe Darion
Music by Mitch Leigh

To dream the impossible dream,
To fight the unbeatable foe,
To bear with unbearable sorrow,
To run where the brave dare not go.


To right the unrightable wrong,
To love pure and chaste from afar,
To try when your arms are too weary,
To reach the unreachable star.

This is my quest,
To follow that star --
No matter how hopeless,
No matter how far.


To fight for the right
Without question or pause,
To be willing to march
Into hell for a heavenly cause.

And I know if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart will be peaceful and calm
when I'm laid to my rest.


And the world will be better for this,
that one man scorned and covered with scars
still strove with his last ounce of courage.
To reach the unreachable star.


To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go.


To right the unrightable wrong
To be better far than you are
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star.


This is my quest, to follow that star,
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
To be willing to give when there's no more to give
To be willing to die so that honor and justice may live


And I know if I'll only be true to this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm when I'm laid to my rest


And the world will be better for this
That one man scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star.

3 comments:

Dangerous Variable said...

Desi,

He could be the citizen for both male and female... the country is always gendered as a female. Isn't it so..?

The star is always reachable.. we need time.

imran said...

Desi,

I just got back from spending the whole day at the interview. Will give a proper comment when I'm done with it. Have my third round of interview tomorrow morning at 8. Wish me Luck!

chong y l said...

hi blogsworld on Friday mrn -- always hi-spirited because Friday's Child is born to WIN AT LOVE, they say.

So DV, Sweets, imran, today I wish you winning at everyendeavour over the next 24 hours!:)

A country is now referred oan IT, DV, cos of the world of gender equality, though sometimes i think some fe-mails push things a mire too far!

Sweets: :):):):):):):)

Imran: Go go go, Za you, za you, Za you! Was tempted to add Za Za Gabor!...Win et Labor:)