My Anthem

Friday, April 15, 2011

I give RPK not an iota of benefit of doubt...

DESI BELIEVES THIS ONCE-ESTEEMED FIGHTER HAD INDEED "SOULED" OUT TO THE DARK SIDE, after watching the second part of his interview with TV3 broadcast at prime time last night over Buletin Utama.

I specially stayed home to watch the segment -- the body language and his words with strong emphasis on running down DS Anwar Ibrahim relating to his role as Opposition Leader and heading the "infant" (three years qualify this description NO? as compared with parties in their 50s like UMNO, MCA and MIC...?) Pakatan Rakyat aiming to form the alternative federal government cometh the 13th General Elections.

I shall return to enhance my arguments after reading the NST and The Star's reports -- RPK had written a post alleging that the TV3 and MSM were guilty of "spinning". But hey, RPK, you were NOT BORN YESTERDAY! You have been consistently attacking PR, especially Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) and de facto leader Anwar the past 12 months. It was this "change" which led to my first article asking my readers here last year -- "WHY IS RPK ACTING SO OUT OF CHARACTER?" (bear with me, I will reproduce the article for your benefit if you have not archived it, you lazy BUMmers!:( OR :) ~~ Desi

As they say in TV, STAY TUNED... (as Desi has to go back to 42 winks. I had forty winks the day before Yesterday, and 41 winks YESTERDAY -- when all our troubles (especially PR in Sarawak!) seemed so far away. UNTIL RPK AND TV3 APPEARED ON THE SCENE TO SPOIL OUR (read the RAKYAT's) PARTY!

Oky, within five minutes before I hit the hay (it's now @4.19AM), here cometh the article wit' Desi THINKING ALLOWED featured at the Malaysian Chronicle that started the "FACE-OFF WITH RPK" that won me three stretches of 15-minutes-of-fame, but RPK became the "MSM Flavour of the Month" for several months last year, and will contnue into this year, especially if the PM calls early for the 13GE... which he would not -- the coward he is like RPK -- if PR taketh over Sarawak cometh April 16, 2011, which has been my prayer every night(include the day!) the past week! The Tsunami is in the air, report my PKR colleagues campaigning there, with just less than 24 to go, they can't have their 40 minus some winks! I'll buy ye endless rounds of tehtarik at Temiang Corner OK next week!

****************************** REPRISED, or should it be REPRISAL?


Thursday, October 14, 2010

Why is RPK acting so out of character?
YL Chong

Prominent blogger now in exile in the United Kingdom Raja Petra Kamarudin (RPK) caught this writer by surprise with an overly critical reaction to Lembah Pantai MP Nurul Izzah's failure to obtain at least two nominations to contest the party's deputy presidency. My commentary here is not to go into the "technicalities" involved in the nominations process, but to focus on RPK's uncharacteristic reactions for someone sympathetic to the only viable alternative coalition led by PKR to replace the BN government.

RPK titled his latest "No Holds Barred" column yesterday (Oct 13, 2010) "Umno is beginning to look better than PKR" and his scornful look at the current PKR party elections in progress seems totally out of character with the writer that I know.(Digressing a bit but I feel perinent in my claim that I know this writer at close range, Raja Petra was the key speaker for the first two annual outings called Bloggers Universe Malaysia (BUM) which I was proud to serve as organising chair.)

And knowing that Nurul herself has never stated she would want to contest the second highest post in PKR, why would an Opposition fighter, swing so ballistically into putting long nemesis UMNO in such good light, as compared with 12-year-old Parti Keadilan Rakyat?

And the real rat is ...


Reacting to a FMT report stating that Nurul did not qualify to contest the deputy president's post after getting only "one nomination" at the close of nominations on Sunday, RPK wrote, and I quote at length:

"And when did they decide that Sunday is the closing date for nominations? Was this decided the following day, on Monday, after two more nominations for Nurul Izzah came in? In other words did they decide on the Sunday closing date on Monday when they realised that Nurul had received an additional two nominations and that this would therefore qualify her to contest the party deputy presidency?

"I smell a rat here, a dead rat. And the smell stinks to high heaven. It appears like PKR is even dirtier than Umno. Now, even Umno is looking better than PKR," he added.

But sad to say, the smell may be emanating from RPK himself. If he did his checks before making such serious allegations, a quick look at any of numerous articles on the PKR direct elections by Malaysiakini would invariably have shown this chart*** (dear ER, please check the ori at MC; my copying not up to par lah as I hail from Jurassick Park...~~ YL Chong:(OR :), which I first noticed in an article dated Sept 5.

October 10 was very clearly defined as the date for which nominations for Supreme Council would be closed. If there are any doubts about the authenticity of chart, do check with Steven of Mkini.

No comments: