My Anthem

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Operation Odyssey Dawn -- Beginning of Ghadafi's Sunset?

Libya's Moammar Ghadafi might join Hosni Mubarak in retirement/hiding/on the run/whatever if what the main backers of the United Nations' sanctioned "No Fly Zone" establishment in Libya have their way.

Principally led b France, UK and the US, as the Operation Odyssey Dawn entered the second day today (Sunday), iy's still anybody's guess how long the defiant Ghadafi and his supporting miliary forces would be able to last the onslaught as the "allied" forces bombarded at the main targets in Libya near the northern coast, including Benghazi and capital Tripoli, and it's indeed "unclear" how the US pledge of NOT USING GROUND TROOPS could lead to Ghadafi's surrender.

The CNN provided the most comprehensive coverage of the unfolding progression of the Operation,including regular interviews with former US General Westlye (?) Clark who shared highly experienced views as he was a key player in the Bush Administration when it last engaged in foreign intervention in Iraq.


I guess I would have to stay glued to this "war" playing out of the idiot box to make Desi more "entertained" than all the Hollywood war movies because for once, I sit of the edge of history being made of a batleground via the TV media. Indeed, the central role played by the networks like BBC, AlJazeera and CCTV besides CNN, in some way lent to the "uprisings" in the African and Arab countries quite like the domino effect.


On the Japan earthquake-tsunami saga, it has been more positive developments the past 24-48 hours as power is restored to the Fukushima nuclear plant -- a joyful break among the bleak and sorrowful scenes today was the rescue of a grandmother and her grandson in the 9th day of an unmatched hiterto castastrophe as witnessed by Desi in this lifetime. I believe I have become more circumspect of life and its unpredictability. I also believe I won't be writing long theses this period -- just FOR THE RECORD postings like a diary/journal because OPINIONS CAN COME CHEAP AND LUDICROUS at such momentous times.

Malaysians must count our blessings that our country is not sitting at the earthquake ridges, but one can't tell as Carole King reminds us "I can feel the earth move Under my feet..." even as I watch the TV re-runs of the 9.0earthquake with a terrifying-killer tsunami in its wake. It reminds me of a nightmare I occasionally have as I drive my car through a road under two feet of water..."What if the engines died o me?" THis nightmare cometh because indeed I was foolish enough to drive through about 30meters of Ampang one dark and raining evening trying to make it to a social function. That time about 20 years ago the engine did NOT die on Desi -- sorry to my cyber enemies who read this, thy curses were not retrospective! Second time around I might not be so lucky!

"So my dear Lord, bless with with security. I don't need Ghadafi's forces. I need luck and serenity and thy blessings." Amen.

No comments: