My Anthem

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

De Ides of March -- Significane for Desi...

Desi started his first post on the 15th of March 2005; here the virginal write is posted up dated 16.3.05 -- I guess I spent so much time polishing the first draft at midnight I missed the deadline. Nah mind -- it's the spirit willing, body not up to the mark.

So now much water and mud has flowed under the river of Malaysiana; I republished my maiden introduction to bologosphere**** to remind myself what it's all about. I hope my spirit keeps burning bright; I follow with a piece of writing/pensive rumination of a happening six years later that's disturbing for me personally -- ++++ to come if thou art patient OK!

****
Wednesday, March 16, 2005
what is desiderata?

WRITING has been a passion of mine among others, like painting and reading, since my early school days. Those were hazy, lazy days when young people had time for top-spinning, spider catching, swimming in former mining pools (a dangerous pastime!) in the outdoors, and for indoor leisure, there was no TV, and the strongest pull for me were comics and library books. As the saying goes, "Necessity is the Mother of Invention", I ventured into writing in my secondary schooldays to earn some pocket money, so that my siblings and I could indulge in the weekend cheap matinee (as the cinema was about the next best thing to a luxury outing).

Since my youth, I have adopted a poem called "The Desiderata of Happiness"by Max Ehrmann as my philosophical guide to daily living. Desiderata starts with "Go placidly amid the noise and the haste ..." and ends with an optimistic "With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy." (I'll publish this poem in full later - but meanwhile, readers can go to Yahoo! and Search for this easily...)

"Desiderata" means "features or characteristics deemed as essential or desirable to..."; hence one may say the desiderata of happiness may consist of, among others, good health, a balanced education, a professional job, lots of money to spare after the essentials for daily living, or even a carefree vagabond lifestyle ... to each his/her own!

I shall end my first blog as an Introduction here, just past midnight, March 15, 2005 - "Beware the Ides of March!" for those with some exposure to Shakespeare, who would be quoted in my writings quite a lot in future. Meanwhile, greetings to all, please find time for fine reading, especially Poetry, so that we can puruse a common journey of upgrading our quality of life. Wishing you all Good Health and Progress in All Your Endeavours.

posted by desiderata

________________________________________________________________

++++ before midnight, mGf?

No comments: