My Anthem

Sunday, September 21, 2008

sunday strolling into shyways

Desi's blog writing -- except on Sundays when desiderata.english lesson plan to promote the colonial master's language is stuck religiously to in lieu of attending church -- is strewn with diversions from the trodden path. If you read Frost's The Road Not Taken -- please don't confuse it with some modern marketeer's The Road Less Travelled! -- Desi prefers to shy away from the crowded highways, so he wanders off to the byways and shyways. If "shyways" is a word not in your vocabulary, you are right. Not damned, but alright!

By now several of my readers have become quite LOST among my forest -- maybe these losers prefer "jungle"? -- of words, but I urge them to re-read my writings, and those who do try, they realise I have put in lots of diversions and clues and riddles to suggest that there's MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE in some writes. Yes, sometimes I TEAse wit'/with writHings because as I had vowed from the very beginning of blog's journey, we must ENJOY this new cyber travel together with strangers for company most times; otherwise, why bother?

I must state that thus far, my blog's journey has been rewarding -- mainly in the number of friends graduating from cyber to terrestrial world; the bonus is that some pieces were appreciated enough by certain parties who "paid" for their use, plus some "freelance jobs" arising as followups. Where then do you think, my dear readers, Desi gets his moo-lah to offer constant endless rounds of tehtarik, in realworld to those who trun up to meet up at G7 gatherings. And I thank thee for the friendship to the respondents, though afew prefer still to remain in Cliff Richard's shadows, and I respect them. PM for night, or AM for day; JUSt lying LOw or flying Hi:)

A writer by nature is discerning, and if he/she hails from mainstream media background, he/she understands why fellow Bloggers wish to remain Anon. I often feel that way too -- that's the time I stroll into the shyways.

And to these cyber-conversationists, I jhope one day when I BUM-p into thee aone of the less trodden shyways, come up to me and whisper: "I'm here to collect that signed kopi of furongknight's Midnight Voices that's suposed to be worth 1,000 times more when I joineth the late SA of Ijok, no joke! later joineth by the other joker from Port Klang, the madDeros who built a small house worth 10million only! Don't you remember? It's still that kind of September...

when i am on wan sundae ripe to wonder
how much money can i take wit' me yonder
the cold dank chamber six feet deep greeteth desi
i'm too big for the 10million hole
i have only two small feet like a duckie's
one snoring nostril like a pig's
two drooping ears like a monkey's
one BIG mouth like a croc

Sundae September 21, 2008 5.25PM

2 comments:

Arena Green said...

Hahaha Desi! You're not much of an angler, are you?

I spied Dr Chen & his missus at Lingam's for lunch but I don't see a rosy-cheeked fella with a glass of teh-C in one hand and a poetry book in the other. Giving up Peyton Place for the excitement at Kelana Jaya?? LOL

Have a restful Sunday and cross (but don't twist!) your fingers for the coming week.

chong y l said...

AM: It's eggjackly 12.03AM when I writHe thisline; me an angler? NO, I fishy wan:) Trying to use pomes as bait to bring the birdies down from the coconut tree, once small - when Mia Farrow was in her blooming bestA! and Desi was pimpled from head to two -- but now quite tall -- when Ryan O'Neal had begotten tantrums and Tatum and all the ANAKsMERDEKA have become rare and heard ONLY YOU -- among furongknight midnight voices.

PS: I thot I requested for the address of the Stesyen Polis nearest thee? OK, another dime, MS Patience is also V:)