My Anthem

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Teh kurang-kurang manis!

SHORT OF SUGAR
No end in sight
to shortage


blares The Star's frontpage haedline as I sip my Teh-C kurang-kurang manis.
But the mee goreng cum telur mata kerbau is topped up by sambal belacan which is well "sugared" to add that oomph to the rasa pedas.

So how? Left hand minus gula in Teh-C, right hand plus sugar in sambal.

I'm quoting the last paragraph of the news report only
because of ITS RELEVANCE~~~

"Meanwhile, Health Minister Datuk Chua
Soi Lek said Malaysians consumed
about TWO-AND-A-HALF TIMES more
sugar than the ideal amount of 50mg a day."



You Malaysians are so "sweet" by virtue of your sugar consumption that even a Menteri Besar has to "turun padang" to meet your needs (HOW GALLANT!). But do you think he cares about your "true needs" like maintaining a healthy lifestyle and keeping down prices of basic necessities? I dunno know man -- I suspect it's the VOTES AT THE NEXT GENERAL ELECTIONS that's the main motivating factor. I hope I'm wrong.


Better this than the shelling former BBC chairman Sgharir Samad got an earful of.
No sugary-coated words for him, the poor MP who spoke his mind and stood his stand of supporting DAP's motion in Parliament and as a result, he was punished by The BN Whip. (No, no lashes lah, just told he has to resign from BBC chair, wooden wan. Boy, behave thyself IF you wanna to continue to be an MP for Barisan, okay! If I get one more mis-report on you, your PAC chair may also give way!

Now if only Sharir can say "SEMUANYA OKAY" to the semi-valued Minister...

Page 1, TheSUN, screams~~~

Samy slams PAC

TOO MANY QUERIES AND DISRUPTIONS
FROM SHARIR, SAYS WORKS MINISTER


kuala lumpur: works minister datuk seri s samy vellu
yesterday chided the public accounts committee and its
chairman datuk sharir abdul samad for continuously questioning
the scrapped half-bridge project and the kl-putrajaa dedicated
highway.


DESIDERATA today celebrates inWEday -- if you should ask what's this, please visit howsy.blogpsot.com as they say, badder get IT from da horsey mouth:)-- by going against conventional posting. See the text in lower case all, I don wan the minister to complen I'm highlighting all the negatives...

Short.
One-liner.
Not spoon-feeding.
Don't over-write.

Never over-ride.

The last is the important motto to remember to follow.
We must not ask too many questions.
Don't over-ride the Minister, full, prime, haldf-fool, half-prime, deputy-prime.
Well done. Medium. Rare.

I like my steak well done
, all mGf know this, especially on my Sundaes, whether the sv minister agrees or knot.
Is he in charge of my CON BF also, my sugar intake, ah?
Maybe lembu transport, that's his jurisdiction, I know.
Or highways, by-ways, bridge, full, 1/2 or 3/4? I think so.

But my teh-C, rising cake and kueh prices, bas sekolah...
I really don't know. I'd better consult my MP ~~~
Anyone has got Sharir Direct Line?

Or Chua Soi Lek's HPhone number...? -- I might as wwell ask him whether
Ignorance is Bliss
is a good policy or knot...

I'm gonna be a good citizen.
Write less.
Drink more.
But kurang-kurang-kurang manis.

Hey, boss, tambah satu teh-C:)
"Kosong, alrite?"

Why?
"Tak dak sugar lagi lah, boss!"

16 comments:

Fashionasia said...

poor Desi how to make Teh-C without sugar??
Somebody told me some very clever MP suggested that if no Sugar use Brown Sugar worr...

desi u already sweet enuff noneed sugar :> if u want some honey Ms.Fashion got alot...we share share ok?

Teh-O-kosong satu pls!

Arena Green said...

If the sugar crisis prolongs, the Malay & Indian community might just stage a rebellion! Nothing stirs up the hornets' nest faster than being deprived of a sugar-fix in this sweet country, hehehe.

Ps: Desi, you answer Mave's tag first, o.key??

chong y l said...

teh-O kosong tiga pls ~~ now for my Tea Break, deferred from 3pm to 5pm becos need to Be Patriotik -- reduce sugar intake yes?

fashionistA; gula melaka -- rhymes with anak merdeka -- okay,"sugar Mr bown" pun boleh, sikit-sikt (pronounced SV stylo, rhymes with ring-giit-ring-giit!:)

Honey -- no no share wan. Must set Goode examples to YoungOnes like Theels and Kyels & Sabrina...

Brudder, Tambah Tiga teh-O plus brown sugar lagi!

chong y l said...

anak merdeka:

tag -- prefect ke?
what tag?
Name tag -- i've styopped working for Berkhidmat Untuk Negara long-ago.
Have Desi to have another-GO?

Before the sugar runs out, Desi may runt out leh!
(Helen: I've not decided on my Epitaf nyet!:(

Mayhaps "Here lies a snoring ASSpiring Poet -- due to lack of sugar/honey"-- how does it sound?

Arena Green said...

hAPpy InWeDay Desi!

Actually, InWeDei sounds senget to me. I think all the notty posts from u & Howsy got to me now. :(

No sugar, no honey?? I think more like no money, no sugar honey leh. I want to borrow some brown stuff from Fashianasia - those of the juicy glossy kind!

Howsy said...

Use sugar substitute loh...

Primrose said...

So ironic. I was just having latte the other day and it was sooooo sweet that I asked for a change or addition of coffee. My colleague ordered a mocha and it was sooooo sweet that I asked the lady there "Why? Sugar free ah?" and we all laughed. Nowadays, I go for horlicks kosong or milo kosong, really.

chong y l said...

anak m. -- now, now, don't follow da bad boy based in lundun, methinks he's TOO westernsied, no wonder one mEN-J is hounding him!

Howsy, you arsked for IT -- 4 arsociating with Desi!

Now Anak M is catching on to US -- badder hide before Peyton PLace gets wind of IT!

Hey, anak M.-- can you do dat TAG first, and I'll do a C&P, can?
Buy you teh-C cham with Milo & Horlicks!:):)
(Recipe partly inspired by Primrose after US looking for Miss Kurang Manis...:)

chong y l said...

howsy -- how can you subs for mimi, nicole and royal-Tea?:(

And did you acknowledge dat lurve note from wo(men)-J? In the spirit of Bloggers Die,
Make lourve, not ware.

chong y l said...

Primrose:

I wonder if you would try out Milo-Horlicks champ-ur with Teh-C?

May have a winning recipe you sell to Secret R! Remember my 30% CONm... kurang sedikiit pun boleh!:)

Howsy said...

Tak kuasa aku layan budak syiok sendiri tu. Dia dan bolok dia boleh reput sama sekali.

Fashionasia said...

desi...u want shahrir's direct line har? noneed wat...can go to his blog and spam...hehe...but then i dont think he is the one thats maintaining the blog la. All news oni.

http://www.shahrir-umno.blogspot.com

Maverick SM said...

Desi, sugar is the beginning; next will be minyak chap kapak and kopi-o.

Buy up maggi mee and hoard.

Eh, you sudah tag; no respond ah?

chong y l said...

howsy -- yalah, let him syiok sans-diri!:(

Now I've saved thee from dat guy, can you spend time doing the 3Musketeers' Tag? (Mave & AM o'lady finis LOL!)Leave D*art alone -- otherWISE he feels bull-ied and it's doggone die!:(

chong y l said...

FA: shahrir's blog OBVI jest doing some PR thru a paid employee-scribe (poor bugger akin to Desi-lah!)

But one day we'll ALL invite him to G7+ Meet if you fellows/fellas commit to at least a DOZEN attendees -- I can arrange-lah, use my network...:) He he he

chong y l said...

mave sm:

Short of this, short of that..
But these Bigwigs always Full of USD, AUD and sin-$ ~~ look everytime their homes robbed, nothing less than several hundred thousands ...:(
Poor buggers/scribes like me -- Can oonly take out 20,000,000 Rp nowadays to show I'm also millionhair!:)
Tag, wat tag --- prefect, name, ah? Latuk pun tak dak, gula oun tak dak, TAG pun tak dak.
No more in Berkhidmat Untuk Negara-lah!