My Anthem

Sunday, June 04, 2006

INTERLUDE

This post is dedicated to all mGf in Blogsworld I've acquired since the Ides of March 2005 when like a coy maiden, I typed Desiderata to enter a brand new world. Nebulous? Strange? Yet when you read truly what comes from the sribe's heart, it's not so nebulous or strange terratry you are entering.

It can prove more "personal" that your lunch time buddies at work because nmost times your conversations centre around the curent project, the prospects of landingthat lucrative deal ... money, money, MONEY.

Or even with drinking hole budiies. Mostly the talk is about World Cup favourites, and going ga-ga over Ronaldino's donkey smile or Rooney's overgrown sharp-shot balls. Did I offend any diehards out there?

Todays's INTER:Lude is especially dedicated to mGf, Phyllis, defintely my honoured "maiden" visitor to Desi's Place -- now drunk on Haridas' tehtraik, kurang manis? -- as it marks a Second Chapter in both our journalistic collaboration.

May 1 last year was that Sunday's love affair with Desiderata.English transfering its debut to BORNEO POST, which earned some "kaya" to throw at B&B as is my traditional CON BF once a week. I enjoyed Journalism mainly in that while it feeds the passion for Words, Words, WORDS, it also throws in the occasional Busman's Holiday.

For the Ignoramauses out here (defined: those who ignore the hoRst's occasional indulgence in blowing his trumpet sometimes:), because Others are breathless:(, when your newspaper sent you overseas for an assignment, you stayed at 5-star hotels when lovely receptionists greet thee with more than a smile. You paid with Company's luxurious funds, and wake up to yes, CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST every day!

Last Sunday I had one such at Kingswood Inn. Busman's holiday I mean -- mostly play, a little work.
This morn I just had another at Liza De Inn. (Everyone is besotted with DVC and mona Liza nowadays, will divert there another twilight, TWO LIGHTS:) when a fellow writer Fishtaeler entertains...
Desi's somewhat besotted with little Inns, reminds of Sherwood Forest. Catching me, maid Marian?

Ah, where was I?
Yes, today The Bornep Post, which came Desi's way when an Angel landed on my shoulder two Marches ago, launched its collaboration with
klsetracker.com, where I mostly earn my B&B as a freelance writer.
The debut of a Business page is the culmination of some three months of planning,
"interruped" momentarily by the Sarawak State Lections, which was a necessary "interlude" of sorts in Malaysians' life course about once every four/five years.

Writers influence each other in their trends or trains of thought, so I am not shy in admitting that the hoRst of yantouch.blogsome.com does weave some threads in my Posts; maybe I do in hers too.
So here's another Extract, who originally named her abode as yancorner when we met via blogspot.com, and she bequeathed Desi with My Blue Heaven as she moved on to a new land that rhymes with Awesome. Or isit Blossom?

So it was catching a "lonesome" mGf holidaying by the Rejang River thinking aloud/allowed~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~like da river folowing out to da sea ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~
Yan softly ~~ she does not wish to disturb the roar of the sea! ~~ narrates:

"I am with Palmer’s A Hidden Wholeness today. This is the other book of Parker Palmer that I own. The other one is “Let Your Life Speak”.

In this Hidden Wholeness, Palmer leads to ponder upon paying attention to our souls. He says of soul,

whose “guidance is more reliable than anything we can get from a doctrine, ideology, collective belief system or leader.”

I am very, very amazed by how Palmer writes about “Silence and Laughter”. He says,

Silence and laughter may seem like strange bedfellows, but experience reveals that they are not. What, for example, do we call people who can spend hours together in silence without feeling awkward or tense and who can use humour to help each other through hard times? We call them, of course, good friends.

(ends Extract)

~~~~~~~~ and Desi shifts to another ~~~~~~~

Interlude
Performed by Timi Yuro

*Time is like a dream
And now for a time you are mine
Let's hold fast to the dream
That tastes and sparkles like wine


Who knows if it's real
Or just something we're both dreaming of
What seems like an interlude now
Could be the beginning of love

Loving you is a world that's strange
So much more than my heart can hold
Loving you makes the whole world change
Loving you I could not grow old
No, nobody knows when love will end
So till then, sweet friend


(Repeat *)


The airwaves currently are filled by a reprised version of the song
dedicated by some Angel Of the Morning.It opens with
"There’ll be no strings to bind your hands
Not if my love can find your heart..."


I believe it evokes often warm feelings among those caught in the net of nostalgia; for others luckier now still in the Angel's embrace, it's often the closest to a Heaven on earth.

But Heaven is different things to different people really, and even that "place" called Heaven changes with changing times.
The march of time.
So fast for those living it UP.
Too slow for those caught up in a bind.


For most human beings on earth, time just goes on at an undulating pace,
most times along a monotnouus plateau, with some hiccups indicated by small humps, along the plain occasionally, but never intruding too much into the ordinariness of the scheme of everyday things.



But sometimes certain individuals do pause in the hustle and bustle of life, They ask questions, like DO ANGELS EXIST?
And don't thibnk Angels are female only, though the popular depiction by artist(e)s is often of "feminine" mien. Visit allofhelen.blogspot.com and you will see X-men 3 does reward the ladies with An Angel quite the opposite, Yes? I'm writing based nmainly on her witnessing -- I haven't even seen X-men 1! (Sunday confess... in Helen's freespirited tradition)


Another fresh Email Desi received gives an inkling in response to my Post where I advised another mGf down in LOTR terratry, Sabbie NOT TO STOP BLOGGING.
If you are weary,
Take a hiatus,
I said.
"ANGELS NEVER CALL IT QUITS."
Desiderata's parting reminder.

mGf @sweetspirits.blogspot.comspoke about Angels~~~~~~~

"Hi Desi

This morning when the Lord opened a window to
Heaven, He saw me, and asked: "My child, what is
your greatest wish for today?"
I responded: "Lord please, take care of the person
who is reading this message, their family and their
special friends. They deserve it and I love them
very much."

The love of God is like the ocean, you can see its
beginning, but not its end.


This message works on the day you receive it. Let us
see if it is true.

ANGELS EXIST but sometimes, since they don't have
wings, we call them FRIENDS.


Regards ...sweets"


How sweet of thee, Sweets, that you consider Desi a FRIEND. And that's a fruit which blossomed about one year enchanting over Blogsworld, and we have not met over tea or CON BF in person, though I plan to do that one day. God willing.


Yes, to Net citizens even as you read tis, believe me that there are Angels in this world, and several may just land on thy window sill.
Just that you must Be Prepared , like a BoyScout or a GalGuide, to open up that window of yours.
DA WINDOW TO THY HEART.

5 comments:

seefei said...

angels...demons...they come from the same place. one a bureaucrat, the other an entrepreneur.

chong y l said...

see fei: No response here because of yoyur first CONpliment; later strikeback, Desi has got elephantine memory!:(
Okay, da official response is in today's (blues mondae) Post:)

Helen said...

Hey, angels have no sex........ no male or female. lol

Unless they're Charlie's.

chong y l said...

I played Charlie once in Ipoh -- and my Angels were:
* Cybill Shepherd
* Nicole Kidman
* Rachel Weizs

(Imagination is the key to freedom, was one Blogger's tagline line I spotted:)

Helen, now you play Charlene, who would thy 3Angels be?

sweetspirits said...

Desi
Yes indeed i consider thee a good friend , in fact i consider thee my dear friend .
There are only a few friends in life ,be it real world or cyber space that hold a special place in this spirits heart .
cheerz my dear friend do take care