My Anthem

Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Tributes from peers to ex-theSUN journalist Claudia Theophilus -- they are PRICELESS!

When news of a former journalist of theSun Claudia Theophilus (ah, from my hometown Furong, doubly proud of you:) was reported killed by gunfire in L:ebanon ;ast Saturday, Desi knows she's another victim when visiting or reporting in war-torn fronts. I personally don't know Claudia, but from the tributes paid her by her peers, from theSun and other news organisations, you know the acknowledgement is sincere and heartfelt.

I of course have read her wqritings at theSun and at malaysiakini.com

I was moved this morning reading the Sun's page 3 report headed:
""In memory of
Claudia Theophilus,

it's tragic that a Malaysian newshound who went on to serve at AL JAZEERA as a producer had her life terminated so early at an age I would term as the PRIME of her life. I wanted to Coipy&Pastry the said report from sun2surf.com, but the mouse remains stubbornly disobedient, so please make do, my dear ER, with just two paras copied long-hand; for aMore, here's the online LINK: http://www.thesundaily.my/news/605503


PETALING JAYA: Friends from the media fraternity and
former colleagues of ex-theSun journalists Claudia
Theophilus. who was killed by a stray bullet in Lebanon
on Saturday, have set up a Facebook page in her memory.
   The page -- "Keeping the Flame Alive" -- attracted
tributes from her former colleagues at theSun and online
portal Malaysiakini as well as others within the industry.


:
:
:
DESIDERATA: One of the media hounds who paid tribute
quoted (G.) Umakanthan, someone I hold in high esteem and I have the privilege to befriend from some three decades ago.

Veteran journalist Humayun Kabeer. in theSun's report today, had described Claudia as a "true fighting spirited lioness" who spoke her mind without fear or favour.
"So much so she was nicknamed the 'policewoman' by our former theSun editor Umakanthan!"

1 comment:

Malaya Christian said...

Gone but not forgotten. Funeral Service and Prayers for her. Hock Thai.