My Anthem

Friday, December 31, 2010

Year-end Resolution -- UNCIVIL visitors will be thrown Ooooch!

Desi is NOT going to entertain any FIRST-TIME VISITORS to this blog and as guests, don't behave civilly to the host. Such creatures don't stick to the TOPIC under discussion but instead throw profanities and labels at the writer.

I received some of these visitors because of my post wrt Raja Petra Kamarudin (RPK) who had responded with a CHALLENGE TO A "FIGHT". I thought Malaysians are aiming for "developed" nation status by 2020 -- with Bloggers and readers -- and RPK disciples too who come in to replicate their masters' profanities and playing doctor like ZORRO who I once respected -- Not Anymore! I am afraid Singaland continues to leapfrog ahead whileMalaysia remains or slides backwards with socalled civilleaders leading unciviltroops. HOW? To these nincompoop-visitors to Midnight Voices' abode, I say: hey, GO TO HELL!

So my year-end resolution is to tell Readers to practise some courtesy which Malaysians are noted for, especially worshippers of Zaid Ibrahim, RPK and co-founder of MCLM Haris Ibrahim.MCLM stands for Malaysian CIVIL Liberties Movement, and these socalled followers of "men of integrity" don't even understand the meaning of the core word "CIVIL". I advised one such commenter to go back to his sifu/s to learn CIVILEDUCATION101, and I have DELETED his comment. Just for the record, I republish it here and you be the judge: *************************

Blogger"********************************



This portion enclosed within **************************** will be retained just for the next 24, and then will be DELETED after serving its purpose of what I mean by:


UNCIVIL VISITORS TO THIS CYBERHOME OF MINE WILL BE THROWN OUT/Oooch! WITH NO HESITATION. ~~ YL, Desi @7.18AM Dec 31, 2010


______________________________________________


TO fRiends of Desiderata who have been having decent conversations here occasionally with me, wishing YOU "ap AP ap New Year 2011".


"Let's march forward to toppling the BN-UMNO Government at Putrajaya with confidence and commitment the 365 days ahead! If thou art down Furong way, email me or call and we will taste Temiang Corner tehtarik at recently raised price of RM1.30; or have the BESTa kambing at Lingam's,where prices remain same for most times even with sugar price increases....."


CHOW,


which can mean:


*** Come, let's eat!



OR



*** Seeya later!


Godbless,however you deem that God to be. ~~ GreAtings from YL Chong, journalist, Desiderata, Blogger



Postscript @7.41:


Two nuggets recalled:):)


Narrative 5 -- Desi's own narrative but the content is NOT original!

Yeh, finally, here’s MyStory, definitely embellished and dis-membered, with apologies to the original storyteller! I heard it on the cigarette maker Camel’s grapevibes.

The Bedouin master in the wintry night out in the Zahara desert took pity on his Camel. He took the animal’s two feet into the cover of the small tent, as the cold outside was becoming more bitter.
After some time, the Bedouin felt the cold biting into him, and being a kind soul, pulled in the Camel’s body so that one half was able to enjoy some warmth of the inside of the tent.
After more time had passed, the master felt his body chilled, so he pulled the Camel further in, with only the Camel’s neck and head now jutting out of the tent.
The cold blasts of winter wind and hailstorm became furiouser and curiouser. And being a warm-heArted soul, the Bedouin felt it was cruelty to animals to have his Camel freeze outside. So he pulled with all his might the last exposed anatomy of his Camel into the tent.
He then qietly went back to sleep.
Then suddenly there was a big and loud THUD from the tiny tent, inside!
The Camel had kicked its hind-leg so hard that the Master was sent flying out of the tent, and into the open arms of the Zahara desert, outside!


**********************************


Friday, October 01, 2010

Kim Quek fights for his rights -- and Malaysians' freedom of speech

Press statement by Kim Quek

on banning of his book “The March to Putrajaya”



1st October 2010



I refer to the banning of my book “The March to Putrajaya” and the various reason given by the Home Ministry’s Secretary General Mahmood Adam as reported by Bernama and relayed by various web portals and blogsites on Sept 30.



The ban was effected by invoking Subsection 7(1) of the Printing Presses and Publications Act 1984, and as such, Home Minister Hishamuddin Hussein was supposed to have exercised his personal judgment upon satisfying himself of the pertinent facts before signing the order. And hence, in respect of the various grounds advanced by the Secretary General, I will address my response to Minister Hishamuddin, as he is the elected representative who should account to the people for this act including the various reasons given to justify it.



What hatred against the Constitution?



You said my book has “incited hatred against the Constitution”. This is a sick joke. Throughout my book, one consistent theme is my appeal to everyone to be faithful and to defend the Constitution. Even on the much politicized Article 153, which has been deliberately and dishonestly misinterpreted to carry out all sorts of racist agenda and therefore has attracted much misgiving, I have only words of praise for it. I quote from my article titled “The Constitution and Malay Rights” in page 27l of my book:



“The center of controversy is Article 153 of the Constitution which provides for what is popularly known as Malay ‘privileges’. Due to misrepresentation by Umno in the past, many have come to identify Article 153 – and even the entire Constitution – as racially discriminatory. This is not so. In spite of numerous constitutional amendments, the egalitarian spirit of our Constitution in respect of racial equality remains largely intact. Public misunderstanding is attributed to Umno hijacking Article 153 to practice unbridled racial discrimination for self-enrichment in the past few decades”.



On the subject of the Constitution, I have only advocated adherence – not defiance, and if at all I made criticism, these are always directed at the people who betrayed it, like the masterminds who engineered the unconstitutional power grab in Perak, the judges, prosecutors and police who trampled on the Constitution in order to protect and preserve the unconstitutional state government.



I would therefore request Hishamuddin to name one example – one single example would do – where I show disaffection to our Constitution, not to mention “inciting hatred”. If he can’t, he should apologise to me and withdraw his statement.







Baseless accusation?



You also said my book contains “baseless accusations and speculations against national leaders and incite hatred and anger among the people”.



Yes, I have criticized leaders who are corrupt and who have abused power, but these are based on facts that are well known and not having been satisfactorily rebutted. If I have told lies and defamed people, why hasn’t any one sued me or denied to me the veracity of my articles, which after all have been well publicised in many popular web portals and blogsites and party organs, and hence such information has been in public domain for a long time. I have not received a single complaint from any one claiming to be injured.



Again, I invite Hishamuddin to cite instances where I have indulged in “baseless accusation and speculations against national leaders”. I will be only too happy to give my clarification to any example he might bring up.



When the corrupt acts of leaders are exposed, how do you expect the people will react? Of course they will be angry. But who should take responsibility for having caused the people’s anger? The one who betrays the people’s trust by stealing public funds or the one who inform the people of such public frauds? The blame rests squarely with the corrupt, not with the whistle-blower.



Not by the wildest stretch of imagination can you accuse me of “inciting hatred”!



My message of reforms



If there is one dominating theme that persists throughout my book, it is the message of reforms. The country must undertake serious reforms and it must be done now, lest we will have to pay a price that no one would like to bear.



I consider myself a patriot for pointing all the ills of our current political status quo, and in fact Umno should thank me for doing that, for isn’t it true that all its top leaders of Umno have been singing the tune of reforms since the 2008 general election? Why not take the hard medicine from me – medicine that will do you good?
and read. EXCEPT for UMNO ilks who want the Rakyat to remain ig ognorance so that their masters can continue to plunder, rape and even murder:(:(:( ~~ YL, Desi

KIM QUEK'S PRESS STATEMENT ISSUED 1 OCT 2010


I welcome any criticism and open dialogue over any part of my book, as it is through honest discourse that we will bring benefit to the nation.



As for the Ministry’s ban over my book, I reserve my right to take the necessary legal recourse to protect my constitutional rights.





Kim Quek.

No comments: