My Anthem

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My higher-valued contribution as a Blogger!:)

Tuesday, 28 December 2010 16:36

As published by malaysia-chronicle.com:

Mercenaries wanted - Reward is a huge prize!

Written by YL Chong

(0 votes)

When I sighted a news/advertorial item at a popular web portal, I thought it was April 1 cometh early for 2011. But when I saw the same item at a second portal, I know it's for real and serious. Ah, I told myself, there's finally a decent MARKET VALUE for writers, and a collateral benefit for YL as blogger-Desiderata is his rising market value, eh!

I hope readers don't mind my reproducing the whole item as it must be understood clearly with no room for any misunderstanding from a summary:

"Bloggers Wanted
Posted by Cyber Trooper on December 16, 2010 at 17:28:32:

As part of BN Machinery to counter oppostion and pro opposition bloggers. UMNO and PBB has set up a RM10 million Cyber War Fund.


We invited Sarawakians with journalistic instinct to contact or visit any PBB, PRS and SUPP branches to register yourself as an interested party.


Qualified Candidates will be notified within 7 days.


Training will be conducted by NST, Malay Mail (Datuk Rocky Bru) and Utusan Melayu at Pusat Latihan UMNO at Janda Baik.


Every blogger will be given a granted of RM30,000 to set up their blog, whether it is free or paid hosting, besides being paid monthly allowance of RM5,000.00 per month.


We therefore call on all responsible Sarawakians to register themselves at offices of Sarawak BN Component parties.


It is your duty to defend Sarawak from the onslaught by Sarawak Report and Radio Free Sarawak.


YB Abdul Karim Hamzah

YB Fadzillah Yusof

(ends report/advert)


Desiderata the blogger in me knows for a fact that UMNO, especially the youth wing, has on its payroll cyber-troopers who not only write propaganda, but also go into other bloggers' comments to flood with pro-BN stands and even outright condemnations of any pro-Opposition articles or comments, hitting out "personally and under-the belly" too, and most times, irrelevant to the topics discussed. I must admit pro-Pakatan Rakyat supporters also do the same, but to my knowledge, they are small in numbers relatively, and aren't really paid to the level that's indicated openly in the news/advert now reprinted above.

The reality is that whenever any general elections, including the impending Sarawak state elections before July 2011, atre around the corner, like now, the "moneyed" parties will step up the gears, hence the above recruitment drive by UMNO and its East Malaysian allies.

But in the political arena, the newly-minted Malaysian Civil Liberties Movement -- sometimes acknowledged successor to The Third Force Haris Ibrahim had been writing about months ago, but often denied by other backers about its ancestry -- too has emerged with not a small budget. According to MCLM founder-President Haris, who deems himself a man of integrity, also has a start up fund of RM10million to move the movement to come up with some 30 candidates, from so called "men of integrity" from his circle. Okay, also from Founder-Chairman Raja Petra Kamarudin's circle.

A kopitiam mate of mine when told of this "high prize" -- RM30k for starters and RM5k as monthly stipend, that's surely NOT kacang pputih or hitam! -- being paid to bloggers now in demand in Sarawak laughingly told Desi: "Hey, YL, go and apply-lah using a pseudonym!" He knows fully well this is a temptation for any church-mousey writter! But he also knows Desi well enough and often pays for my char kuey tiaw while I pay for the tehtarik. LOL!

But my recent curiousity about the identities of the MCLM's funders is not satisfied because neither RPK nor Haris had indicated details on the sources of funding in their launching talks in London and Kuala Lumpur respectively. At least the UMNO guys are upfront about their mission of recruiting blogger-writers. Hence, I have told fellow PKR comrades that it's easier confronting the UMNO people because at least "I know where they are coming from"!

What's so different with MCLM whose cornerstone policy is stressing "integrity" and yet wishes to maintain ANONYMITY of its financiers? Such anonymity always raises the suspicions they are beholden to "third parties" -- and who's to rule out these third parties could be BN moles penetrating the Third Force to ensure the BN's status quo at Putrajaya.

I had better not go on too long on this money thingy -- another PKR member of parliament may want some space upping his market value before "frogging" in the footsteps of departed "men of integrity" Wee Choo Keong and Zulkifli Noordin. I quote the first three paragraphs from The Star report today:

"Rebel Padang Serai MP N. Gobalakrishnan has stepped up his criticism of PKR leaders despite the looming threat of disciplinary action.

He said allegations into party adviser Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim and Selangor executive councillor Dr Xavier Jayakumar should be looked into.

He said allegations that Anwar and his associates were involved in manipulation during the recent party polls should be investigated and that action should also be taken against Dr Xavier for allegedly resorting to gangsterism during the recent elections."

Like the law of nature that says "Nature abhors a vacuum", so soon after Zaid Ibrahim and RPK had vacated the MSM's Flavour of the Month chair, another dissident like Gobala quickly steps in to criticise PKR and its defacto leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim. Were these people born just yesterday -- they came on board PKR's party knowing full well Anwar's past, and only after a two-three years failed attempt to get what they wanted/want from PKR and Anwar, thy do the hatchet job for BN-UMNO.

As I wrote recently, "With Friends like RPK and Haris Ibrahim, PKR doesn't need enemies"! After Gopala, who's next to become the MSM's Flavour of the week? Sabah PKR leader left in the wilderness with Zaid's departure Jeffrey Kitingan maybe? The time span is shortened from a month to seven days because the value falls with each departing frog. Or is it already departed toadie hanging on to party membership to negotiate for a higher price?

- http://desiderata2000.blogspot.com

24 comments:

Unknown said...

I have never read so much unsubstantiated dribble in my life.

backStreetGluttons said...

This is getting interesting - good guys become bad and bad guys become good and so on.

when the guns stop spinning there will be many bad and good dead.

so who is good & who is bad ?

But the innocent & ignorant shall suffer, as usual

Cruzeiro said...

Shame on you, Desi- remember that when you go to church next Sunday.

chong y l said...

mat:engagement means you give your POV to rebut mine if you beg to differ. DON'T just describe someone's write as "dribble" without foundation. I don't enjoy such CONversationalists!

chong y l said...

Thanks backStreetGluttons for visiting with some observations. LIFE is always utrning which makes it "interesting". Hope you come back again:) Cheers, YL

PS: OR better still visit my journo-friend's site: malaysia-chronicle.comand take part in the banter dare!:)

chong y l said...

cruzeiro: shame on you2 when you go visiting the temple next.YL,Desi

PS: You are presumptious of my church attendance, so I'm presumptious back, fair and square. yes?!

kangpak said...

With all due respect, here's some of my two cents worth.

I dont see how is maintaining financing confidentiality a breach of integrity? By that line of reasoning, donating anonymously also say i'm up to no good?

At the end of the day, the way I see it, the source of funding is used to offer candidates for the people/rakyat to CHOOSE, with hope that better candidates allow for the people/rakyat to be better taken care of. Am I wrong? Nobody is putting knives to the throat forcing the candidate to be elected.

Replacing incompetent people in the current government is good. But I don't want to see an incompetent replacing an incompetent. I don't believe we will get any good in return. For me, race/party/sex is not important, what matters most is the quality of people heading the government that can lead to the betterment of the country.

Cheers

Shanghai Fish said...

So YL...this is your claim to fame whilst seeking some cheap attention too, eh ? Funny how you've mastered the art of "sucking-up" while writing in fancy "olde" English to impress your peers. Been watching you since 2007. Keep it up.....at this rate you'll surely get whatever you want. And hey,I'm not disappointed.....just want to puke that's all.

Cruzeiro said...

"presumptuous"?? How "poetic".
Coming from you, that's so "Rich".

Looks like you'd rather cavort with self-confessed pirates, than assist those with credibility (simply becos you want in on the source of funding!!) huh?
Then talk about integrity ... oooh- that's truly cheap of truly Rocky's cheap Bru quality!!
LOL!!

One thing for sure- at least you know your value as far as the (cybertrooping)offer was concerned ... ;-P

Cheers!

delCapo said...

cheap publicity stunt taking a dig at MCLM and RPK.
Suprised RPK took the bait and gave you free publicity.

Utter nonsense.
PUI!

zorro said...

Desi, are you unwell?

chong y l said...

to zorro only: You know me well. I'mNOT unwell. To the few others,I won't even dignify with a response becos you don't even know me after I've blogged for 5years+, organised BUM for 4consecutive years (and Zorro, you did serve one year, and I had wanted to pass on the baton of Chair to you for subsequent year, but you declined...) Well, maybe you are acting out (of character like thy sifu)?

zorro said...

Desi, you are unwell. I was involved in BUM for two yearly events, not one. I refused to have anything to do with BUM because you turned turtle. You go figure this out. By the way, Desi, you do not know me well. Be straight. Enlighten me as to who is my sifu. I have not dedicated a poem to this sifu like you did when he was freed that night at the candlelight vigil in seremban. I have friends but no sifu. Keep well my friend.

Unknown said...

Some words of fiction do not need more than 1 line of critique.

TheWhisperer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mat Salleh in KL said...

http://matsallehinkl.blogspot.com/

Al Tugauw said...

No wonder you want to be known as a "Poet Asspirant".

chong y l said...

zorroagain: You and I know your sifu/s, including departed from PKR Zaid Ibrahim, and Vocal and constant PKR monitor non-member Haris Ibrahim, and of course RPK. Otherwise,, how do you explain "BLOGGERS FOR NURUL" campaign being launched simualtaneous by you People's Parliament bloggers, mostly non-PKR members, once Zaid signalled that he welcomed Nurul to contest PKR deputy post and he would make way for her WHEN SHE HAD NEVER EXPRESSED INTEREST in that high position. Also, see the strategy Zaid originally had by saying if Nurl accepted nomination for Deputy Prez post, he, Zaid, might contest the PKR Prez post. In all her wisdom, matured Nurul did no take the "bait"!

I have much more to say, but I won't because you people come in here as RPK disciples, NOT TO DEBATE THE POINTS I RAISED.

On the BUM issue, one day I may write a lengthy recap how Bloggers United Malaysia evolved to Bloggers Universe Malaysia.

Departing advice -- Frankly, Zorro,please go study medicine if you want to play "doctor"!

chong y l said...

kangpak: My apologies I did not reply to your comment. I agree there are diferent POV about MCLM; I had written one or two related articles at Malaysia Chronicle, so I wouldn't repeat the points here.

But I beg to differ from your stand that "finance" accountability is not a core point; it's OK if we beg to differ, I respect rational discussion. Good dae, thanks for visiting.

PS: If thou visit Seremban, shoot me an email and I'll extend tehtarik at TC; maybe even bestA kambing at Lingam's:) -- Desi

chong y l said...

whisperer: You don't know what CIVIL in MCLM means -- go to your sifu/s for CIVILEDUCATION101. Your comment has been DELETED, and any future comments to this blog from you will meet the same fate automatically!

kangpak said...

I can't help but notice that the comment postings have turned rather ugly.

Is it not more civil to engage in healthy debate rather than hurling accusation to each other may it be truth or not?

Desi: can't take your tek tarik offer as I'm out country, though I do continue to monitor news flow at a regular basis.

The fact that many are said to be taking sides with their comments lead me to believe further we need more nonpartisan candidates with people first in their mind. Sorry that my view seems to be swayed towards mclm philosophy but thats what make most sense to me.

In case you're wondering I have neither political affiliation. Again, this is my two cents worth

Happy new year everybody.

chong y l said...

Thanks kangpak for return visit; I promote Civil Sicourse, and was Org Chair of BUM(Tap on BUM2010 on topleft hand corner to see last outing on May 22,2010:) -- precisely because I have a passion for cyber space democracy, learning from earli "taikio" jeffooi of SCRENSHOTS where I participated regularly as a conversationalist before I started my blog on Ides of March 2005.

I have served some 3 decades as a journalist/freelance writer and don't hunger for limelight BECAUSE we are trained more to cover other NEWSMAKERS and no become the news generator.

YES, it'ssad to note that people who go into other people's blogs CANNOT carry on a decent conversation but let fly with F*** and other obscenities...I have no choice but DELETE such morons, especially first-timers who knows nuts about what desiderata is about.

My standing offer to bona fide visitors here is welcome wit' a tehtarik drink; and if they also are non-vegetarians, I often take them to Paul Street'sLINGAM's for the bestA kambing around:), but dont bling the chief justice:( Friends I begot include moses, (late) ancient mariner, mindful mariner etcoften taking part in G7 Bloggers Conferences -- yes, mainly at Mamak kopitiam:)

KP -- ap AP ap new year to you too, Blessing for 365 days ahead. YL, Desi,knottyaSsusual

zorro said...

Desi, you don't have be be an MD to detect when a person is unwell...skin color change, running nose, incoherent speech, loose bowels,paranoia,hearing voices etc...dang! if I carry on you may bestow me with an honorary MD. Keep well yah?

chong y l said...

zorro: 3rd visit eh, don't you get tired indulging in polemics and semantics that your sifu/s taught you ehYou were once a teacher, or maybe still are, but it's a shame that you don't even debate the issue at hand, my engagement with RPK on MCLM, mercenaries whether writer or politician, but come in with MCLM cybertroopers just to "spam" your sifu's MARK of HOLIER THAN THOU stance.

Hey, you want to twist and turn, do tell your sifus RPK and Haris Ib to register MCLM with that RM10m fundAS A POLITICAL PARTY. Then we will "fight". Until then, I ill only ENGAGE with fellow bloggers and commenters who are rational and don't play semi-doctor, or is quake? I don't think Quek is the substitute surname for Quek!

PS: I'm closing Comments for the post after this because Cvisitors after being told to debate civilly don't understand simple English or what CIVIL in MCLM means -- becos Zorro had not taught 'em well?

Maybe my Sunday posts in the year 2005 desierata.english may help?

Be patient OK,I will say my peace cometh one fine die on BUM2007-2010 and the experience and insights I gained.

Now can I depart wit' an advice __ YOU and RPK and Haris Ib should register MCLM as a party. The BN registrar of societies will approve pronto becos they know what your true motive is ,like how they registered Makkal Sakti, with PM honouring its first Congress pronto eh!