My Anthem

Monday, October 04, 2010

Thanks to Rockybru, now I know which drain pipe Petronas funD goes down

Desi has always been lamenting where Malaysia's national oil corporation Petronas' annual billion dollar profits go to-- now I have an inkling. BUT what rokcybru today reported at rockybru.blogspot.com is merely the tip of an iceberg; every year I had written about Petronas' multi-billion after-tax multi-billion ringgit profits, and yet the RAKYAT -- for whom the oil corp is holding the nation's oil resouces IN TRUST -- don't get to taste any of the wealth. Every time the world oil prices rise, our local pump rprices also rise, WHEN WE SHOULD BE ENJOYING A PRICE DECREASE. Malaysia is a NET PRODUCER of oil -- that is, we export more petroleum than we import! -- and our exports cmmand a premium price because it'sof a higher grade! YET...

Maybe after Rockybru's expose -- esp since he's an UMNO backer, and I believe enjoys the ears of current PM Najib Tun Razak, and ex-PM Dr Mahathir Mohamad -- we can expect Petronas to give us poor Rakyat an explanation?! -- YL, Desi


Monday, October 04, 2010
I'm ok, thank you, but Petronas is not
RM5 million a bed. When you don't feel well, go see the doctor. It's an advice I should start listening to. But I'm feeling better now, thanks to modern medicine. Can't say the same for people at Petronas who are running its hospital. I heard the audit ordered by new boss Shamsul is stumbling upon lots of unexpected bumps and humps. The cost of investment in the hospital by Petronas, for example, is simply extraordinary. Industry average is about RM750,000 a bed (we're talking about SJMC, Pantai, Damansara class here) but in the case of Petronas, the auditors discovered, it's about RM5 million per bed!

It does not guarantee you get well sooner but I suppose a patient would want to stay admitted longer. The hospital's CEO, an expat, has gone missing since the audit started, I heard. The audit is part of a group-wide exercise ordered by Shamsul after taking over from Hassan Merican.

Tho those not feeling so good out there, get well soon. My doa for Dr Mahathir in Australia.

No comments: