My Anthem

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Bloggers for Nurul -- but who art thou?

When I received a text message via my HP yesterday reading thus: "Your resonse to BLOGGERS FOR NURUL?" from someone obviously interested in PKR politics, I replied: "Need backgd.4gOod cause, Yes, anytime, YL"


Today I traversed blogosphere, and spied one of the the campaigners' websites: As the name implies, it's a movement to urge MP for Pantai Nurul Izzah to go for the PKR deputy president's post.

Two questions swiftly came to mind:

(1) Are these bloggers even card-carrying members in Parti Keadilan Rakyat?

(2) And if Nurul has herself NOT COME OUT OPENLY to say that she's interested in serving as number two highest post in her own party, why are others urging her on?

Let me declare here I have been a PKR member from January 2005. I also know there's has been two powerful leaders heading their own factions going for the deputy president's post. BUT I ALSO KNOW THERE HAVE BEEN OPEN ALLEGATIONS OF PENETRATION INTO PKR BY "MOLES", disclosed by none other than outgoing PKR deputy chief Sdr Syed Husin Ali who I hold in the highest esteem.

To date, Nurul's on record as stating she is game for one of the Vice-President posts (four available I believe). I think this is best left for her to plan and strategise, keeping in mind she's "young" and time is on her side.

What I am afraid of is that non-PKR members, including bloggers, step into a campaign initiated by parties with less than "principled" interests in what is essentially a matter that the PKR party members must decide for themselves. Mercenary campaigners and not well-informed outsiders may just turn out to be caught in a situation not of their own making. Or some bloggers feel they are now ready to play a "king-maker" role?

I will elaborate more on my own answers to Q1 and Q2 later.
Meanwhile, I hope I hope who have responded positively to this latest BLOGGERS FOR NURUL campaign should first commit themselves to the PKR cause, sign up as a member IMMEDIATELY.

No comments: