My Anthem

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

So Rockybru is not all-pro-Gomen after all!

:) OR :(?


As someone who has worked closely with Rockybru in organising bloggers events like BUM2010 (REF: bum4msia.wordpress.com), I find this fellow newshound pleasant company though often we sit on opposite sides of the political divide. Well grounded on the ethos of "We learn to be agreeable in our disagreement" of that famous maxim by Voltaire (You recite eh!:), there is soem misperception of Datuk Ahirudin Attan the journalist. Having served at msm owned by UMNO, it's no surprise then that Rocky is beholden to UMNO political masters. But give him credit that he also tries hard to practise journalism (investigative included), amidst an environment not too friendly to writers who ask too many "hard" questions. Citizen Nades Ahirudin is not, but sometimes he does give us news breaks that show up the warts and canvcers within the Establishment.

I urge fellow Bloggers to stand in solidarity with fellow Bloggers at times like now being faced by rockybru -- who by the way, is Interim President of National Allaince of Bloggers -- so here's Desi's shout: Brudder Rocky, Stay the course. Keep the faith! --YL

Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Rais Yatim lodges police report against this blog

Wassup, Minister? The Information, Communication and Culture Minister Rais Yatim this morning lodged a police report against me for my posting Who gets Santa Rais' RM1 billion handout?

I'm not really certain what inspired Rais to go to the police. As far as I remember, no Cabinet minister has lodged a report against a blogger.


The Malaysian Communication and Multimedia Commission (MCMC ) has summoned me to its office in Cyberjaya to assist them with an investigation they have been ordered yesterday to conduct into my blog. I've agreed to meet them at noon tomorrow (Wednesday).

The cops have not contacted me but they will have to. I guess it's back to Bukit Aman's cyber unit for me, again.

No comments: