My Anthem

Friday, March 20, 2009

Hear's Something FFFF...

And it's not sumthin' obscene just because It wrote a 4-letter word beginning wit' "F". Tom Jones sang that number, and the refarin maketh Desi remember some Y&A like Sabbie,and Crystal (I call 'em PP Tan-ny twins:):) -- Kyels and Primrose et al. And yes, vvvvvvve sometimes don't get to write or blog -- touch base via Email2 or 3 or 4! -- because of the following, borrowing from pavlovaramblings.wordpress.com... :

Writer’s Block
March 16, 2009 in Uncategorized

As some of you may have noticed, my posts are becoming more sparse these days.

Yes, I’m suffering from a writer’s ( blogger’s) block.

I don’t know what to say anymore these days. Sometimes I just feel it’s a little pointless to talk about certain issues, e.g the economy.

Everyday you pick up the newspaper or reading the online edition and it becomes the same old rhetoric– the economy is BAD. Brace yourself for the worst.

What can one do? You try to spend very wisely ( to a point where you’re starting to become a stinge) and you are afraid to spend. Yet your spending is contributing to the lack of growth in the economy.

So we can’t win.

And my job?? Well my job is just, a job. I can now truly understand what people say when they say “Your job is just A JOB. It pays the bills. Period”

I have been taught not to complain anymore. Nobody really wants to listen to your complaints these days, to be honest. The more you complain, the more you’re deemed “whinger”.

So, best to keep to yourself or write it in the diary, at best.

At the moment my existence is a little empty. I blame myself for that. I lack the motivation to do things anymore.
Even going out to meet friends is a feat. I have to organise it weeks, if not months ahead to prepare myself to go out there.

I lack the energy to do the things I once enjoy, e.g going out for coffee, hanging out with friends.

These days I just work, go home, watch TV, sleep and do some house chores from time to time.
I can’t even get through a decent book for a month. I don’t have the concentration to read through them. Like how I mentioned in my previous post, I just return it to the library without finishing it.
Yet I always get a book out after returning the unfinished book. Perhaps to tell myself that I must try to get through this one, this time around.

Everybody around me tells me I should count my blessings. At least I have what I need at the moment.

And I truly do, to be honest. I do count myself considerably more fortunate than a lot of people. In fact, NZ as a whole is much, much better off than the American counterparts. Our unemployment statistics aren’t as bad as those in the US, UK.

Somehow, things really need to be better soon. Real soon, in fact.

Yet on some days, I think this downturn has a silver lining. Makes housing/ business affordability much better.
If you’ve got the cash, this is perhaps the best time to buy.

Anyway… did I say I was suffering from a writer’s block? This post doesn’t seem like it… (by mGf down under or up somew'ere -- Sabrina Tan, who drills teeth for a living, and like Desi, sometimes, writ'es for some loving?...:)

2 comments:

Sabrina Tan said...

hahah surprised to see my post here!
sorry, can't make it for BUM 09.
won't go bk to msia probably till late-ish in the yr...

keep well and stay out of mischief! :D

chong y l said...

pavlova:

methinks yourGfriend Crystal recently crept into PP in the steel of the Penangknight; on footsteps wit' low desibelles -- she didn't bring my AtHenolol or witsgifter chocs! Make sure you make amends so-ON!