My Anthem

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

When you're weary...

Feeling small
When tears are in your eyes
I'lll dry them all
I'm on your side...


to some of mGf thinking allowed about STOPPING TO BLOG,
for whatever REASON, maybe it's the sate of mind intimated by
Simon&Garfunkel's lyrics reprised above, and I'd try to be
That Assuring Voice...

I respect your decision, but before you take leave,
List' a w'ile to a late bloomer like Desi, rite!


Blogging has been a form of therapy for this modern world living
Stress of an adult putting up with price rise every now and then
Trying level best to put three square meals on da table, with an occasional supper outing
But yes, the stress of IT all can depress, you feel so drained and down that's when
You wanna call IT quits

Desiderata believes his blogoshere travelling companions
Who've come perhaps for a Reason, maybe a Season,
A lucky few who linger for a Lifetime, whatever the wagon
I honestly have told some
You're like angels landing on a May day on my shoulder

And in my vocab, ANGELS NEVER QUIT.



Now sharing Shakespeare's SONNET 18!
Before this lovely month takes leave of us
in enduring another year before
May S-m-i-l-e-S dawn again~~~~~~~


William Shakespeare. 1564–1616


"SHALL I compare thee to a Summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And Summer's lease hath all too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines, 5
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance or nature's changing course untrimm'd:
But thy eternal Summer shall not fade
Nor lose possession of that fair thou owest; 10
Nor shall Death brag thou wanderest in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou growest:
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.
"




Along Blogs journey, we also learnt that Some come in
for a Reason, some for a Season, a lucky few for a
Lifetime.

In a recent Email from a Blogger-fRiend, I was a litle concerned at an ominous sounding "End of Journey" contents; and after some Rumination, without gettting prior permission from the subject concerned, as I think
I know her well enough (she's likely to say "I won't mind..." reading her thoughts where I'm seldom wlong:)
I had a hint of what's to come after reading her entry weeks ago on "My blogging journey"
and among her laments is this:

"> But also most importantly, I feel that I am not
blogging for myself. I have
been blogging for an audience, and in the end I am
not writing anything
productive. It's all too fake, and I don't like
fakeness, as you all know."


and her parting words~~~

"These days I constantly feel tired. I desperately need a break..."
is a Familiar Refrain I hear from fellow/fella Bloggers.

Desiderata in his Reply said, among other things:

"It's been a privilege and much pleasure knowing thee.
Being Y&A, what's making a few mistakes/misstakes?
That's only normal -- being "perfect" is for saints.
Angels are to watch over each other in all our
humanness/humanNurse.:)

See you back and Blogging, it's the travelling, not
the destination, that counts most, esp


for

spirite
D
estination's


JOURNEY.


Regards,

YL, Desi"

:
:
:
So to Sab,I add
my personal appeal~~


"When you're weary,
Take a Hiatus.


ANGELS NEVER CALL IT QUITS.
"

In one of your fans' comments which I spied:

"...But keep on blogging Sab, cos I love to read it."

Yes, I echo: Many of Us love to read IT.


Saying Adieu to May

As May comes to a close
Despondency descends like bad weather
For 'twas on a bright May morn
That an angel arrived on the wings of a flower


So every May dawn breaks
With a shy, quiet smile
Gives a lift to sagging spirits
Makes light the burden on my shoulder


Pettiness of man waves goodbye
And purity of friendship warms the heart
But when tomorrow comes, I bid adieu
Till comes again May, my dear


YL Chong (KopiLeft)
May 31, 2006
@11.49AM
A Bonus Post for mGf
in da plural

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks desi:)
perhaps with time i might come bk.. but not in the near future, i can see..
take care and will drop by from time to time

chong y l said...

sabrina:

You do what you must
We'll miss you
But yes, Visit Us Sumtimes
E'en in Da Steal of D&N.
God bless.