My Anthem

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I once had a dream

Breakaway

A journey into awayness.
Away from the madding crowd
Away from words, words, words
Which I don't care their abouts
Away from the cacophony
Of squabbling men and louts
Away from greed
Men's damning need
Away from earthly mean things
That corrupt God-gifted beautiful
beings

Mother's Day is nigh
Sons and daughters
Hope you have some time
Pause to wonder why


I can't hear your whispers
above the shout
oh, brothers and sisters
of dear Malaysia
I hope you puase a while
and listen to your heart
Are you selling out
For position and title

And put your mummy's soul
On hold.



mGf Helen knows Desi so well despite the fact we only know each other in mindscape via the blogosphere in less than a year. She informs my ER not to expects pictures in colours, no, not even in B&W, from mt Breakaway. It's only WORDS, and words are all I have, to take your heart away...

And Theels, it's not going to be mind-boggling. THat we've have to wait for Fishtail to blow up our minds to see the mystery behind that ML smile -- will the taeler oblige? Let's hold our breath. And when time cometh for Desi's sext Breakaway, I'd deputise Howsy to get in thy way.

"It was the pounding of the water against the rocks
In counter resonance to the soft beating of our hearts
Life's travails must dictate that the heart-bearer stakes a breather
That nerves be calm again and mind be stern to bear oft-changing
weather

I once had a dream
That NegaraKu be of love-gift my soul to take
But after decades of fitful rides
Through mostly storms and dawns that ne'er last
Broken promises, shatter'd hopes
Do I still dare to commit to
That motherland, whatever IT be
I must, and I have to trust?



Last night I was overcome with FFF feelings
My land still instills faint stirrings
...

:
:

I, the youngest billionaire, at twenty-seven,
My birth's surely ordained in heaven
Without a life's single care
Maidens lie at my feet
Bathe me in scented water and rose petals
Drown me in their kisses tasting like nectar sweet and neat
Or is it like strange brew from some animals in heat?


My best freind besides me
Beside himself with gay laughter
If in ecstasy we can buy with money
Spoil me, tenderise me, let hell and heaven be
Brother me, sister me, coddle me
You're my biz partner, my sworn brother be



This historic day May the ninth
Sees a typical youngman in his prime
I wake up happy and proud
The great tidings at me shout aloud
Tan Sri and Datuk sing my praises
I, a man of such graces
I'm like them now elevated
Sensation of a demi-god re-surrected
They 'gallant' me again with flowers
Decorate my name in national papers
I am the new crowned prince of my community
Waiting for the next anointment, befitting
My royal blood among their exalted realm
My Malaysian dream
Soon as a royal son to be seated


I see my youthful dream
A few years from now
Realised afore the PM I bow
I'm gonna be a Minister, wOw


:
:
:

The pounding of the waves grew into a thunderclap
The seabirds wailed in distress
Was it some lightning or awakening flashed
Or some boulders through my mind had crashed


I woke up with a start on a May day
A breakaway's resurging of a once weary heart
'twas one nightmare
Gifting the Dreamer a delight
Of savouring the state of being
Away.


Desiderata
W
I
L
L

together, with mGf,
willing Esteemed Readers all
make another fresh
Start.
Smart.
Rejuvenated
Heart.


May Dream ChallengiA:
The above was composed inspired by a foolpage
in a national nu'espaper this morning; please
sight and cite the mstery page by stating the
NUMBER of Tan Sri and Datuk named there.
NO NAMES please, we are blogospheric Malaysians.

DA PRIZE
: First three correct entries to receive
Come September Miss Patience Price.

7 comments:

Arena Green said...

Yes - eat drink and be merry can surely put one on the super express highway to Datukship! Looks like we are NOT going to hear the last from THAT family, ever.

Pak Lah is starting to give me nightmares Desi - I wish I can hibernate and have u wake me up when September comes. :(

Sorry to greet your return fm breaky with this sad sad lamentation.

Arena Green said...

I want to claim my prize for the correct answer:- Starbiz B8, duh.

One little ditty to celebrate the new celebrity from u!

chong y l said...

dear ER ALL:

since Anak Merdeka is so quik on the draw
She gets the September prize, SunQuik&all
She's so fast breaking codes nowadays
Desi may lose his ways
And let her take over entertaining thee
With ditty, riddle knot so easy!

PS: No more gases accepted
The air is getting dank, some Datuk farted!:(:(

Howsy said...

Oh, just tell us more what it is all about for those who do not have the luxury of getting the print edition or the e-paper.

chong y l said...

howsy:

Ipohlang, why you so troublesum wan?
It's a hole lust of Tan Si, Latuk and some Tan Si-cum-Latruk aspirants congrats one Ding-a-Ling being Awarded a Latukship-lah.

If you wan more details, contact my Dr Watson and we'll meet UP somewhere in Fu Rong Maze and go Eat, Drunk, and Be Merried,
kenORknot?

Hey,Howsy sexpert~~~ "the time is not right (for AMIR MUHAMMAD's film)" -- does that ring a belle?

WedNURSEdae 10.07AM, May 10, 2-0h0hS'X! A Gre8 die in MovieWorld.

Arena Green said...

And Toesdae 9 Mei 2006 a sad die in Barlimen and killer(d) faith in Pak Turut.

Desi, shall we charge Howsy for lessons in M(akan) C(akap) A(bang-adik or is it ayah-anak) politikus intrigus?

chong y l said...

but anak M: I thot Howsy was o'lady Da Prezidente of M(I)CA Club UK?
I understand this dynamite guy speaks semivalue lingo-when-gone too.

Don't charge him-lah, his curency is now de-valued by such august Howse company.