My Anthem

Monday, May 29, 2006

DTRHT - UTTIMATE UPDATE

A Man must keep his Word.
This thought at the back of my mind decided Desi's "pretty conundrum" -- I some how like this phrases learnt during a certain sojourn -- as what his first Post will cover after a 2D Hiatus that was way too short, as ascribed to this ascribe's name comparison. Got IT right -- the spelling of comparisIon, which is Wlong with an I often stumping Desi when in a rush. (I think Theels' recent writing corrected Desi on this one, oso on Ternomin and Atenolo -- LOLs, I may have to engage her as my sperring teacher. Oso2 no rings.:)

So to bring to a "closure", an important destination in this highly psychologically challenged society (1 in 5 Malaysians has some sort of mental disorder, accoring to the Health Ministry statistics) the Minishorts-MENJ~~desiderata runaway episode, Desiderata ends the learning experience with this Post substitled:

Doing The Right, Honourable Thing - Ultimate Update

What decided for Desi this refreshed Monday morn was reading allofhelen.blogspot.com's Sunday Rumination while I was away on 2D Hiatus, she was doing double the thinking!:); hence I "kindly bollowed off the Ipohlang" her fetching post.
Helen, (BT2ofUS) I'll DHL you some Tehtarik dan Kolo mee (lefyover-lah!) later as time is always working against Desi...

NB: BT2ofUS was created by Desi in response to a 2-person challenge in the early days with Howsy to come up with the short for "Between The Two Of Us", but don't mix up with BTW which of course, is for By The Way/s/z.

Partial Extract from Helen's because Partial Quoting would block Desi from potential suit kopiRIGHT, tehsiLEFT and susuCENTRE from IpogLang, after all my Attribution will do Justice too some extent. BTW, which is short for By the Way/s/z, Justice is a subterranean subtext in this whole issue arising from DVC and DDC and Helen's spirited Breakaway THINKING ALLOWED. Why breakaway, some ER may ask. Desi's answer: from the norm. OR Hiatus. Sea, sand and money, Honey. (BT2ofUS only.:):)

~~~~~~~
Monday, May 29, 2006
Sunday Rant

My usual Sunday gathering ended with an indignant me! (yeah, gotta ask for forgiveness from the Lord)

"ANyone seen the DaVinci Code?" Pastor asked.

Less than 8 hands shot up out of the big congregation. OK, I'll take it with a pinch of salt. (8 only meh?? COwards!Chicken!)

Me of course very very syiok and proud to have secured tickets during the first few days quickly put up my hand.


Pastor continued, "May God have mercy on your soul......."

Huh???? WTF?

"...... and Tom Hanks, Ron Howard and Dan Brown...."

I was laughing together with the rest of the Church at first, but then, I realized the man was not joking. I stopped and I offered a little prayer to the man in the pulpit." ~~~~~~~(Intermission, as there was a long, pregnant pause, Desi's educated gas:)~~~~~~~

Like Desi, Helen and some mGf seem to have a 'rebellious streak'.
Is that goode:) or badder?:( I know 'steak' is definitely good. But 'R ebel without a cause' like Jamie/James Dean?
'tis Sisdar has the audacity to remark somethin' about this hoRst to the effect. "I see you are a Christian, but not 100%..." if my mammary serves me rite. So dis-cerning ...

Hey, I'm not even close to 50% and Helen mentioned 100%...Hey, I've said earlier I do NOT aspire to sainthood. Just a poet-writer ASSpirant maybe. Pethaps, Robin hoodism, mayhaps (May day!) even second childhoodism ...but that's mighty too early!:) Look to Dr Mahathir Mohamad, he's still in teengehood and Desi looks to him as my role 'modal' in this department. James Dean, ah, East of Eden where Eve dwells...


I share Helen's sometimes forward ways. OR isit fortright? I prefer -ward to -right. I'm mighty scared of "right" as the RIGHT thingy experience did leave some bitter after taste although it was a case of, as Da Bard said, ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL.

An offshoot from the MENJISM lesson is the following detour into a certain JEANETTE's (ohhowilovejesus.com) terrotry.
Desi like a guide/scout waded into the waters, and almost had his ears and legs snapped off by JAWS.

Bonus sub-Post on Blues Mondae:

~~~~~~~FULL EXTRACT

Iran Tests Missile

The most dangerous nation in the current Mid-East is Iran and not Iraq, in my opinion.

On Tuesday, as Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert was preparing for discussions with President Bush Iran test-fired a long-range missile. This missile could be targeted at US interests and Israel.

Iran conducted a test launch Tuesday night of the Shihab-3 intermediate-range ballistic missile, which is capable of reaching Israel and US targets in the region, Israel Radio reported. The test came hours before Prime Minister Ehud Olmert met with US President George W Bush in Washington to discuss the Iranian threat.


And

In December, Israel’s defense against an Iranian ballistic missile strike, the Arrow 2 missile system, succeeded in intercepting an incoming rocket simulating an Iranian Shihab 3 at an altitude higher than in the previous 13 exercises.

Maj. Elyakim, commander of the Arrow missile battery at Palmahim, told The Jerusalem Post last month that the missile crews were always on high alert, but that they were recently instructed to “raise their level of awareness” because of developments on the Iranian front.

Iran is foolish to ever underestimate the power and the will of Israel and her people. Iran should do so at her own peril.


Filed in: Israel, Iran by Jeanette at 03:43 on May 25th, 2006 | |

"***2 Comments »

"The most dangerous nation in the current Mid-East is Iran and not Iraq, in my opinion."

I beg to disagree. Neither Iraq not Iran.
It’s the United States of America Government - not the nation, that’s the greatest danger in the Middle East.


If the US has peace in mind, it will set a good example by starting to dismantle its own nuclear weapons. I wonder if you have heard about a borrowed saying: When living in a white house, don’t condemn all others living in black or less than 100% white houses. They could be doing so for lack of white paints/vitman M. And if you don’t know what Vitamin M is, get an edu before venturing into other countries on peace missions. "

Comment by ylchong — May 25, 2006 @ 4:00 am (ends Desi's Comment)***



+++"ylchong,

You’d better believe the USA is a powerful threat. Perhaps Saddam should have thought of that before he defied the United Nations.

As for dismantling our nuclear weapons - peace is not maintained by weakness. If we intended to nuke the world, having had possession of nuclear weapons now for a few generations, we’d have done it - so much for the American Imperialism myth.


If it weren’t for our nuclear weapons we’d all be speaking Chinese or Russian… so thanks for the advice, but we’ll pass.

Let me guess Vitamin M is BS.
When living in a white house, don’t condemn all others living in black or less than 100% white houses. They could be doing so for lack of white paints/vitman M.”

Let’s try the converse:
When living in a less than 100%white house, don’t condemn all others living in a white house. And well, you know the rest.


Comment by Kathy — May 25, 2006 @ 10:42 am (ends comment by Kathy, who is another Blogger along with Jeannette at the site...)+++

Here I would like to "bollow" Helen's oprayer and also dedicate to Kate and Jeanette~~~~~~~(just subs 'man' with women/ladies-lah!)

"Dear GOd, please forgive this man and I pray You'll continue to furnish him with wisdom to discern what is fiction and what is not. Finally Lord, I pray you will bestow faith and the faith of him in others, to be present at all times. If ever his herd waver after seeing the movie, I pray Lord You will give him the burden in his heart to know that it is time the shepherd start feeding his flock solid food instead of mere sugar-coated Gospel of good fortune. Amen."

DESIDERATA is inclined to tell these people they are using Jesus' name in vain, that they cause more pain than enlightenment by their posturing from their higher rostrum/pulpit adopting the stance, I'M ALWAYS RIGHT and MIGHT IS RIGHT!

DESIDERATA's SPECIAL NOTE to ER:

I thank my ER for their support and epressed conecrn along this one-week journey into the episodic RELIGION sojourn. It tryuly reinforces Desi's belief RELIGION IS INDEED A VERY PERSONAL THING. In pubblic discourse laced with POLEMICS and many individuals' inclinations towards the
MIGHT IISD RIGHT STANCE plus HIGH MORAL GROUND PREJUCIES,
this territory is proven, again and again in my short jouney in Life, is very dangerous, nay, explosive terrortry. I promise myself I won't venture into this minefield again unless it's a Life&Death threatening issue staring Desi in his face. OR any of mGf's face, because in blogsworld, some of my GOoD friends' conundrum, is also Desi's conundrum.

6 comments:

Helen said...

Lemme kay-poh to the blog mentioned......

Hey, Desi, please don't shy away from 'religous' matters lar. This is your blog, you are entitled to your personal opinion even though others may not share your view.

Shying away is so not like you!! You are not here to engage but to educate us with your thoughts. (of course it helps tremendously if you use plain Engrish.) :-)

Helen said...

Just got back from 'how much I love America... oops or is it Yessus?' The first thing that struck my thoughts was the Jack Nicholson movie. No, Not that romantic flick with Helen.... the one he played an egoistic Colonel.

Cut&Paste: Col. Jessup's Words :
"Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. ..... You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

I always think it is very well said.. Applaud.... (if you're an American) but, the problem is, we're not Americans and the very blanket of freedom they provide is at the expense of others, non-Americans.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back....hope you've a nice break. One lesson I don't forget is to stay away from things controversial...for peace of mind...this is a cruuoowel world.

chong y l said...

helen mui-mui~~

"Shying away is so not like you!!" thou readeth my mind like a white sheet I feel so naked and vulnerable.
I agree with your ons Xcept in this department of Religion. As I said BTW in the MENJ sojourn,(A Religion Outing) it was about the 5th post I was engaging in out of 750!

I tried explainingbthis reluctance in my latest Post jest uploaded, so if Helen wants to add ~~ my ears are wide open and my eyes wide shut. Maybe with one eye closed...

Wow, nice subhead: "I"Kay"poh"cik and the Shy-slyDesi:):)

IF plain engrish then less Da Desdi Code -- you wanna have the pastry and eat IT2, isIT?:(
Did I 'ear one
Theels whisp''ng...I protesteth...:)

chong y l said...

Helen2:
Thou art wise, so for this is also my closing, adding to the obs that I almost got my legs, and ears, chiomped by by the frenly Great Whites, Jeanette and Kathy~~

"...but, the problem is, we're not Americans and the very blanket of freedom they provide is at the expense of others, non-Americans."

peAce to Awe.

chong y l said...

joepsc:

you art my mirror image -- can we build a nu'e bridge ah?
Small bends ok-lah, no croouuueeeoookednurse wan.:)