My Anthem

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Just an observation -- growing numbers of weird people talking to themselves...

In betweeen writing random chapters onf my BLOCKbustier book meant to be snatched up by Hollywood, Chinavillewood or Bollywood, Desi likes to spend time at LEISURE. Well, if thou knowest not that poem, please google "WH Davies leisure"and memorise it by HEart! Then you have the privilege of joining Desi to watch the girls go by -- What's this life if full of care, We have no time to stand and stare...The INTERNET generation seems to see growing numbers of lonely people. Go to the malls, and you see the strange sight of people talking to themselves, hands gesturing, full of emotions sometimes when you see hands dancing in the air...

I like to  watch these people conversing to themselves --- YET APPEARING HIGHLY ANIMATED  and I try to guess what they were saying, from their facial expressions and handmovements. Yes, sometimes I move my tehtarik and sit frontally watchiong my "target".


And I am not aimlessly watching; the subjects can contribute colour to the characters I plan to feature in my book -- pretty faces, sad ones too; con men and woemen; the loudmouthed boasters, the silently expressive voice softly speakin', maybe no one's supposed to hear.


Then it DAWNED on me, after a "lomg" time in Des living up to his nama! The talker is speaking to someone at the other end of his handset which is noit visible to Desi's chinamen eyes. So they are NOT talking to themselves. They are the new GEN who have the latest gadget this newsdog can't afford.


But one thought remains, WHY DO PEOPLE BURN SO MUCH MONEY TALKING INTO THEIR HANPHONS. If the person at the other end of the line is worth spening like 60minutes of one talking ala to himself/herself, ain't it better to meet poerson-to=person for a tete-a-tete over tehtarik?

Desi would, and I won't the focus of someone's eyes thinking Desi's quite off his rocker -- talking to himself in a public place!:)

No comments: