My Anthem

Thursday, August 26, 2010

V4VENDETTA: Reprise...

LAST NIGHT I was happy to sit through TV8's movie V: Vendetta -- a second helpig foe Desi as I had seen it some years ago. The messages this time around sank more deeply -- Justice, Change and Hope. Messages strongly relevant to Malaysia several years ago, still relevant Today, and will be for years to come UNTIL THE PRESENT BN-LED GOVERNMENT IS TOPPLED>

I will just save time by REPRISING my post of:)

Thursday, May 08, 2008
Does "V" for Vendetta Ring a Bell?


Even as Desi lay down to sleep just now, he could not close hie eyes. So at the midnight hour, he penned a humble piece in salute to a true-blue Malaysian who loves his country, and for this reason, he gives his all.

Fellow Blogger Raja Petra Kamarudin weighs heavy on Desi's mind, yes, a blogger-matey's mind. Earlier yesterday, I had spoken a little at a joint press conference at the SCAH I had coordinated on behalf of several Civil Society Groups to Express Solidarity with RPK. I think Ahirudin Attan aka rockybru as President of Interim Council of the National Alliance of Bloggers put the case weighing heavy on the inds of many Blogger-mateys pretty well. I extract from www.rockybru.blogspot.com:

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Why didn't the Home Minister and the IGP exercise their right of reply?
In solidarity with RPK (and Syed Akbar Ali, and the 3 journalists "interviewed" yesterday).After this morning's press conference, I told the AFP journalist that one does not have to agree with what Raja Petra Kamarudin wrote in "Send the Altantuya murderers to hell" to support him.It's about his right to express his opionion. We are standing in solidarity with RPK in support of his - and our - freedom of expression.And for the Government's right of reply, too.Right of ReplyIn the interview with AFP, I explained that:1. The DPM, who was implicated in RPK's posting, had exercised his right of reply by writing in to RPK/Malaysia Today through his press secretary (see here); and2. The DPM's wife, who was also mentioned in the posting, had exercised her right of reply by denying the allegations made in the Internet (see here).And I asked these questions:1. Why couldn't the IGP do the same, i.e. respond to RPK's posting instead of charging him with Sedition?2. Why couldn't the Home Minister do the same and exercise his right of reply, i.e respond to whatever points raised by RPK in the posting?The decision to charge RPK with Sedition, I told the AFP journalist, also undermines the Prime Minister's promise for reforms, greater freedom and transparency.At the press conference earlier, which I chaired as President of the Interim Council of the National Alliance of Bloggers, I read out a prepared statement jointly (issued by several civil society groups, see my preceding Post ~~ Desi).



At the press conference, Rockybru at one stage recalled that RPK had reiterated the point that "...People should not be afraid of the Government; the Government should be afraid of the people." I remarked that it was echoed resoundingly in the movie: ***"V" for Vendetta.

A few points I made included that RPK has earned as a Malaysian patriot who loves his nation well enough to find time to promote Civil Society by writing "Without Fear or Favour". I said many fellow Bloggers would walk proudly with RPK any time, anywhere, a spirit so well illustrated by "BUM2008 House Artist Chris Chew aka mob1900" whose two posters contain simple mesages I echoed at the PC:

"RPK, We Are with You" and "Walking Tall, with RPK!".

Another point I paraphrased from a saying I believe relevant was that "The dark forces will prevail in society if the men of honour sit idly by and do nothing when injustice befalls a fellow citizen."

I believe since March 8, 2008 Malaysians have voted boldly for "Change" and also they demonstrated that there are among us Malaysians many good men who dared to stand up to be counted to fight injustice, and prove that we will triumph over the evil forces if Malaysians walk in solidarity with the likes of RPK!

May God keep RPK and his dear wife in the bosom of wellbeing
and protection from all harm in this hour of challenge
God-fearing and loving people will walk tall
And peace and serenity will guide us
To claim victory -- over Evil
forces that bedevil
NegaraKu
But Good will always prevail
Because after March 8, 2008
Many good people have spoken
Let's keep our solidarity
with RPK.
GodBless Aweways,
I:
S:
A: men.

*** Just reprising some quotes from an earlier Post:

Last night's movie at TV8 was not at all a letdown, so I sat through all 2-1/2hours of V: for Vendetta, and the messages were clearer this time around as I had seen this film some two years back and I had written about it twice,methinks.

IF ONLY all the national leaders, especially from the failing/falling Barisan Nasional, could have watched it with Desi, I would not have minded buying all the tehtarik endless rounds from TC Mamak in Temiang. The movie has some bearings on Malaysian politics several years ago, still does today, and will for some years to come. The core messages are JUSTICE and CHANGE.

UNLESS MALAYSIA SEES REAL CHANGE, for the better, I'm afraid NegaraKu will down the slippery road that is best pictured by Robert Mugabe's Zimbabwe. I'd rather migr:(:(ate to TIMBUCKTOO or THREE!:(:(:(

So, to reprise my post to remind us, myself especially:


Sunday, October 07, 2007


V: for .......


1. "People shouldn't be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

2. "Artists Use Lies to Tell the Truth; Politicians Use Lies to Cover It".

3. Ideas are bullet-proof.

4. Truth through unity, Unity through faith.

posted by desiderata

No comments: