My Anthem

Saturday, August 07, 2010

Lonesome Road

I plod one
down lonesome road
wishing I had been born a cowboy
in Nashville Tennesee, US of A

Eh, lonesome cowgal
how about buying this p'or bloke a bir?
and I sing for you "Whispering Pines"...


Before I go out shootin' at the baddies
messing up dear Peyton Placesque Furong
and frightenin' all my cowgal clones
we may not wear cow blue denim jeans from Chicago

But we do sing wellA Hank Williamses' lonesum blues
the tall ones even do an Elvis' rock-and-shake
the short wans like Desi just sing the red-eyed blues
ala Your Cheatin' Heart
and "Do not forsake me oh my darlin'..."
but there is no Nashville wedding dae awaitin'

Before heading for the gunfight at OK Corral
and like John Wayne ridin' into purple-red-and-blues sunset
tho' I prefer to die another day
so I head back to TC Mamak for my tehtarik
or A&W rut bir that's closesyt I get to Nashville...

Goodnite, sweatheart, dream of me fondly
but that would be so-operaesque
or Kristin Chenowethesque
would wake Desi up from my American dreamscape
not for gOod
but steal badder than dead!

or izzit K rah rah OK style?
No rolls, only hugs and kisses

PS: XoXo from Desi
esp to SzelsoFa, Erratic Thoughts, "imported cowboys2?"
and Jason Evans' original cowboy host of CoN where Desi goes CON-ning some times, no dimes, but IF lucky, USD15 gift certificate I won't cash but'd frame up as an American souvenir to put up the wall behind the Selemban's Butterfry Varrie KoK bar!:)

2 comments:

Erratic Thoughts said...

:D I just imagined a cowboy n his gal..wow what a poem!
Nice Composition Desi...

chong y l said...

thanks ET for enjoying and leaving a hopeful compliment/complement. Second life for Desi, definitely a cowboi! But if the gOod lord mixes up my sex, cowgal? Naw, the boys are the wans getting the fun-D!:)