My Anthem

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I plucked a spring flower from ClarityOfNight...

Friday, February 05, 2010

A Spring Haunting



there's always a sidewalk
with bricks
and maybe a hedge
and it's warm
the kind of warm
that only comes after
a long cold
the coming night is soft
and a couple hours away
and the yards are mostly deserted
and the streets
except for traffic
which doesn't matter
because traffic never matters
other than to remind me
that the world is still alive
beyond what I know how to touch
but maybe it's not really the light
or the warm
or time of day
that tells me
something changed
tells me something is present
that rarely is present
anymore
maybe it's the door
or the shadow of the trees
or the dark windows
or maybe it's the door and the shadows and the windows
because I am the shadow
and you are the window
on the other side of dark
and the door
between the two
is always
enticingly
closed

_______________________




The door is half closed

I am here
Your are there
And there is a door between us
It's half closed

I feel comforable on this side of my world
A melodious singing voice beckons me over
You insist the skies are bluer there
And the sun shines forever bright

I have grown used to my darker world
With all its ups and downs
With all its hurts and frowns
So I'm reluctant to take a step
Beyond the half clsed door

"The door is still half open,
to welcome you," the beguiling voice again.
I pause and linger,
As the door closes slowly, slowly, surely.

I sometimes wonder about
The face behind the sweet, tempting voice
Behind the door.

Chong Yen Long

1 comment:

Donplaypuks® said...

Bro

Sorry to digress from your lovely poem. Breaking News!! Stop Press!!

Just heard on NTV7 8 p.m. news. Scorpene Sub having some “difficulties.” Admiral says KD Tunku Abdul Rahman still under warranty and Navy is trying “to work things out with supplier!!”

Defence Minister Zaid Hamidi claims it’s not true (just as he said that UMNO lawyer in PPasir was not disbarred or has 2 wives) KD TAB is having problems submerging!!

A $1 billion submarine that can only float? Might as well have bought a barrage of sampans!

Can we claim back some of that “not a commission” $540 million paid to a certain Havoxbridge Don acquited of murder and not appealed by the DPP?

Kong Hee Fatt Choy to all!

dpp
We are all of 1 race, the Human Race