My Anthem

Monday, May 08, 2017

And the soul, afraid of dying That never learns to live




Recalling the ONE LINE from The Rose, Theme Song above, that's worthy of Desi's RUMINATION even on a Blues Mondae...that  am using as my Blog title today,,,having worked at the AHC for some 13years, those blokes from Down Under pronounce it like TO DIE! Wicked sense of humour -- many of 'em vist Malaysia Cos they wanna see the land that is so much like Ozland so full of milk and honey, you wanna visit to die... Yeah, I second thy Aussies wish. Love yee to death, so ironic this language thy call Queen's, but I ve rendered it Sosialis ala Furongknight.

Furong is Mandarin for Seremban which I used to describe as the Peyton Place ofr Malaysia. You no hurt of Peyton Place, sorry for ye, go ask your TV network RE-RUN for ye I.gen who only spend time on What'sApp, pronounced Up as opposed to Down. And why is desi so digressive? The last word word is compound of aggressive and digression, you C? No see, no tehC for ye at my fave Mamak centre where tehtarik is still RM1.20 about 30senAUD and nazi lemak is 70, about USD20:)

As I was saying, my post today is about the Malady that besieges many earthlings, butt they know knot it. DDC's bc at work here/hear! You don't know what DDC is? -- Go seek out awe of helen Ipohlang who will opblige, OR sweets, may knot.

Artistes - does Desi (or sunny, visit Him at FB luke chong) qualify? -- are usually going against the main current of Life, stubbornness is an inherent trait, but they all beg to disagree, they say THEY ARE FIRM&STEADFAST, even dying of hunger in the dying daes, No ***Sundae on Monades!

***Sundae is a sort of icedcream with a split banana thrown is, cost a fortune in a 12-year-old schoolboy copying lines from his/her fave poet to "embellish" his infant writHings to earn a few BIG bucks so he/she could taste the goly of a Sundae even on a Mondae!

Two months ago I was sadly informed one of my life's greatest INFLUENCERS. Sdr V T NATHAN, had mnoved on. I improved my english in Secondary so much that I self rated my grade shooting up from 5 to 8plus. Now I am at 9, 10 is my goal; hence working heART on my long story -- a novel spanning 3cuntries - as opposed to what a GOoD short story is. I shall recall this if I can retrieve IT from my webbed archives OK!

Shall I seek your pateince here as I have to joinga lucky mate who offers me a capitalist lunch at 9.30AM, UNLESS you my esteemedReader offereth a replacement at five-star motel?

CHoW, which can mean 1. Seya ltaer OR 2. Let's makan, Cheerio...YL, Desi

To be continued when desi's spirit that is willin' and his badan which is weak wakes up reenergised to synchronise wit' the spirits, OK? Ms PAtience is also Ms VIRtuous, l
knot necessarity Virginal Cos Virginia has benn taken...sorry for the digression!:) or :( Desi@13.25PM



Meanwhile, chew on soemthin olde, know yet stale. Nyet!



Thursday, February 16, 2017


REPRISE of an OLDE POST: "And the soul, that's afraid of dying..."

Sp my ER can ENJOY the current THEME SONG along wit' the LYRICS:)----


Wednesday, September 12, 2012


And the soul, that's afraid of dying...

As Desi was driving home from BF at the Furong Pasar -- political placidity ruled the moUrn except for some diehard MCA oldtimers who rued the days Koon Swan was "wrongly charged in Singapore and jailed wrt Pan-El -- a familiar refrain came over the airwaves.

I couldN'T place the song, but hey, the title above was easily recalled -- So Nowadays
one jest Googled slyrics stanza and the above -- presto, "THE ROSE" appears! In the bad olde days the refrain would've kep Desi's mind half-focused on the tasks at hand, and even after 13 battle rounds, I would NOT have found my "rose". So thank me for my sharing', make out dat 20mil, wilya!?


Lyrics - Bette Midler - The Rose Lyrics
THE ROSE LYRICS


Bette Midler

Review The Song (5) Send "The Rose" Ringtone to your Cell

LISTen via LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR6okRuOLc8

Some say love, it is a river
That drowns the tender reed

Some say love, it is a razor
That leaves your soul to bleed
Some say love, it is a hunger
An endless aching need
I say love, it is a flower
And you, its only seed

It's the heart, afraid of breaking
That never learns to dance
It's the dream, afraid of waking
That never takes the chance
It's the one who won't be taken
Who cannot seem to give
And the soul, afraid of dying
That never learns to live


When the night has been too lonely
And the road has been too long
And you think that love is only
For the lucky and the strong
Just remember in the winter
Far beneath the bitter snows
Lies the seed that with the sun's love
In the spring becomes the rose

**********************************

THERE are many soulful Malaysians -- Singaporeans2? -- out there/dare reflecting on the wrongs the government/s had done them by.

No comments: