My Anthem

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Why do I dream?

Cos I am still fired with aspiration
My cup is still atop with idealism
To attain a higher level of consciousness
a fuller mind of Self knowledge that I am indeed human
And humans need dreams like their daily bread
Or they fade away


Why do I sigh?
Cos of some dream, like a love, having passed me by


Why do I asky why?
Cos I want to know more and not be shy


Why do I sometimes hide in May?
Cos humans disappoint, so I'd rather stay away


Why do I cling to YOU?
Cos I still know what is love, what to do?


Why do I continue to be a BUMmer
Year after year
Sigh after sigh?
Cos I am a writer
A writer after Max Ehrmann is also a fighter
If he stops BUMming around
Desi will just fade away
and
Who wants Miss Death as duty-bound?

3 comments:

Manature said...

"Blogging as an activity of passion does not earn enough bread and butter."

So what sustain you? You must be 61 year old now. Surviving on pension?

chong y l said...

patriot:

indeed, blogging is passion driven
but writing as Editor, CPI is GOD-given
i shall no hunger Cos I have a friend
puts me on the straightNnarrow
but 3layersOFpeanutbutter on plain bread2

I aint no saint, 61 years on reflection is sweet 16,
We still have loves in-betw'en
They sustain, May flowers and showers
and verses, my constant friend remain:)

Sabrina Tan said...

maybe we Malaysians should stop seeing things are either it's "bread and butter or not"

In fact I commend Desi for his passion, even tho I don't agree with what he writes at times. But like one famous person said: I might agree with thee but I shall defend your right to say so until the day I die.

Desi will be back briefly this Sept, hope to catch up with ya in Sept if i'm down in KL :)