My Anthem

Thursday, March 17, 2005

the objectives of starting this blog

I have been a journalist for some 30 years, using mainly my acronym Y.L.CHONG, having worked with a news agency, mainstream media, diplomatic mission, just a year as a News Editor with an online newspaper, and now as a freelance writer. My career has of course exposed me to various types of written and oral communication, and the official medium would mostly be writing in prose, with an occasional does of poetic form. I would be promoting through this blog the usage of Poetry as a special means of communication to augment my writings in prose.

I shall be touching on subjects broadly categorised as desiderata.english; desiderata.civilsociety; desiderata.truth -- generally with the ultimate objective of promoting the love and appreciation of outstanding writings in English; the cultivation and promotion of human traits and endeavours to build a civil Malaysian society, and finally, if possible, embark with fellow travellers in this journey called Life in the pursuit of Truth, that undefinable yet essential and desiderable, in my opinion, ingredient in the civilization process so that the human race continues to uplift itself beyond and above the banal, the demeaning and the destructive actvities that now pervade, and in some societies, even dominate human activities worldwide.

In this quest broadly defined, I humbly welcome Conversationists to take part in this liberal democratic dialogue. discourse or maybe add your three sen's worth (I top up your two sen with my one sen!) of contribution. Always, please help me practise this underlying guide when writing with responsibility -- with malice towards none, charity for all for the common good.

No comments: