My Anthem

Thursday, March 24, 2005

It's just adieu

I miss you so, my friend
A daily diet of AM
now is denied me

I miss the invigoration
The quality words
the beautiful lines

I hope AMigo
I'll see your face again
Smiling to greet me at early morn

I drank of your wine, made of
Grapes of soothing rhyme
Songs of knowledge sublime

But you said it's time
To ring down the curtain
As the money has run dry

I wish I could write out
A cheque for a million
To make you AM stay

I pray it's just adieu
And not goodbye.


I reprise here a poem I composed in the first weekend of 2001 to mark a milestone of a fellow traveller's journey which I then wished had not happened. But life's reality can be cruel.

I had logged on to AgendaMalaysia (AM) the previous week daily, hoping it might yet earn some new lease of life despite its editor's posting mid-December 2000 it's calling it a day. Alas, it's not meant to be.

The sentiment of the above poem is similarly dedicated to Aiseh-man and Buaya69, whom I "know" for only a short while, unlike the friendship with AM lasting exactly 365 days. I bid you "Adieu, Adieu"-- to you, and you, and you; reminds you of a song from the Sound of Music, doesn't it? The musical is in town (not Julie Andrews though), go catch it.

No comments: