My Anthem

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Why man-hole? Why NOT a WOMAN-HOLE?

Ah, I got thy attention, didn't I?

Before I proceed, can I ask that anywan with an extreme gender-equality gene in his/her system, please don't read on. My post may contain thoughts that can upset you sensitive sex chromosomes such that we become enemies for life. You don't wanna want dat,do you? UNLESS of course you are a diehard RPK clone or fanor fannie, or whatever!?

Okaynot that I have 4warned awe my ER, whom I hold in HI esteem, I will cuntinue, with DDC wordpray et al.

Yesterday I read about a CPO -- hey,that's for chief police officer-lah, why you have to ask wan? -- tripping over a man-hole and having to seek medical treatment; if I recall rightly or leftly, he was admitted a couple of days. To a hospital-lah, knot an asylum-lah2! Why you have to interrupt Desi so off10?

As I was saying, the news item at the Furong main Pasar yesterday brought back memories. Bad. Badder than if it didn't bring back any -- I could have died. Yes, I also tripped over a man-hole -- at that time I was working freelance -- some bosses interpret that to mean "free of charge", hence wouldn't even pay RM200 for five articles well-writ -- despite Desi chasing for five fool months.

Okay,enough digression/aggression, so at that time I had just left the Moon newspaper for short period 0-- no,it'sknot about that monthly routine, it doesn't apply, Cos Desi was born "male" -- it stated that the lust time I looked. At the birth cert-lah, where else you donkey!

So it brought back bad memories -- I didn't tell the Press about it -- the act of my foot beng cai-ught in that iron-grip protruding ear as I headed for the phone booth three metres from it. I know THREE cos i fell headstraight4thebooth, and was about 1-1/3metres short of hitting it. I was 1-2/3metres in height, so if you do a mental Sherlock Holmes deduction,you are quite near it-lah!

Back to my Q:WHY NOT A WOMAN-HOLE? Yes, why didn't those bra-burning feminists in England insist on the Oxford dick list it as a man-hole; woman-hole; person-hole, to be truly gendre unbiased?Why, why, why -- indeed WHY NOT call the damned dangerous orifice cover an IT-HOLE? As far as I know, I haven'tcome across one man-, woman-, erson-, it-hole having a life of its own. Maybe Alfred Hitchcock/Hirchhen? didn't have such a rich imagine as Desi'safter all -- he thought of prettywoman-attacking Birds, neber thought about women-swalling man-holes. CPO- swallow yes1; newsdogNAMEDdesi-swallow yes2 BUT KNOT LadyInRed-Swallow Hole! (starring Julia Roberts course -- why knot July Roberto indeed?)


So before Oxford dick -- which is short for Dictionary, why you dared not aRsEk wan? -- update its sext edition next March 15, Imust send this entry to the bookmakers and politely request they modernise their vocab and do the right thing by the CPO and Desi.

Meanw'ile, anyone has that number of the poor CPO -- pass to Desi can? I am gonna suggest we link up to sue the council buggers for a million bucks/buckeroos so we can retire gracefully. Not having tochurn out artTICKLES like this wan to catch some newspaper pub'ic eye to use it for love/laff/cough so Desi can chase for that RM200 payment for another S'X months. I was once reported to have been paid RM1k per article, but yet my account is seeing red.Too much of Julia Roberts I hgas:(

No comments: