My Anthem

Monday, May 09, 2011

Rumour has it BUM2011 Is Kambing!

As you guys must know by now -- if you don't, I dont wanna befRiend you, K! -- Desi had served as Org Comm chairman for the last four annual outings of the Bloggers United Malaysia/Bloggers Universe Malaysia (BUM). I call these followers -- among them a dozen of diehards/hearts! Thank God for 'em! -- BUMmers with the intrepid and persevering spirit, and every May since 2007 we had gathered at alove nest called Lakeview Club in Subang Jaya to show some love/hatred, solidarity/division but always with argumentative topics so we could let our hair down for a day/die, and feel young again.

Desi had been the "reluctant"Chair for the BUM2009 and BUM2010, chiefly because a Co-Chair Rockybru aka Ahiruddin Attan had shied away from taking over the baton. He and his band of bloggers in fact recently launched Blog House Malaysia and held a highly successful -- I envy them for their seemingly unlimited budget! -- regional bloggers conference at the former Nikko Hotel,now renamed Intercontinental Hotel. I was invited as a guest by org sec Tony Yew, so attended an interesting New Media session featuring a professor from neighbouring Singapura, Assoc Prof CHERIAN GEORGE of Nanyang Technological University, moderated by NST coulumnist AZMI ANSHAR, and if I did not learn anything cyberly new, at least I could put the face to two prominent writers without the H! (Church mousey writHer Desi, r'ber?)

I heard from the past weeks the same/similar inteprid group of bloggers are trying to regroup their forces now pulling in different directions to move in same direction -- one lust time?! -- to meatify BUM2011, not in time before Ms May departs,but Ms June might yet turn out prettier. This Desi guy as been also rumoured to again sit on the rickety chair because he has a sort of masochistic wish in him/her/it! Okay, there was complete,pin-drooped silence on elevated to DATUK Rockybru's front. DPP was approached, so also aVoice, so also one Dr Maverick, but they all were as shy as a virginal bride on wedding day (except for William and Kate, I hear. They already did it in the castlehotbed or out on the park's openair velvety (wet?) grounds. Sorry, I digress, but that's a privilege all BUMmers can abuse, that's the primary selling point I ask my ER/esteemedreaders to climb on board the BUM wagon.

So till you hear from Desi again, comeback to this cyber home -- my numbers have dwndled from the 1,000s to single digit, no wonder the 20million I seek seems to go further and further into ShangriLa horizon yonder. But you never know, there's a sucker born every nano second -- otherwise, why do you continue to receive those Nigerian offers via email and SMs offering ye millions in USD? -- so One Fine Day, this midnight voice may yell with deafening desibelles, "EUREKA!, I've dat 20million in my bank AC. Hey,in Rupiah also cun!:) SIGH: If only my PR agents AweOfHelen and Sweets had been more/aMore diligent pitching for this MidnightVoiz!:):)

No comments: