My Anthem

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Believe it or not-- I do believe

In small bundles of joy
Making me blissful again


In small tokens of appreciation
Making me see my true worthy self again

In small blessings
Making me realise they all add up

To make me almost wholesome
And I make new friends who extend
little doses of hospitality
at the least expected moments
And a helping hand makes me joyful again

A "thank you" whispered
By a sick friend in need
You hold out your hand
And it's a magic wand of appreciation
Ovecomes all misunderstandings
Because we reach out in appreciation

Of a human touch
In the clasp of hands
In quiet appreciation of a friendship
Tested by time and ageining hearts

We remain joyful
For little blessings
From one friend
Reciprocated
Appreciated
Blessed.


Desiderata At almost midnight
Sunday June 14, 2009

» Tom Jones

I believe for every drop of rain that falls
A flower grows,
I believe that somewhere in the darkest night
A candle glows,
I believe for everyone who goes astray,
Someone will come to show the way,
I believe, I believe.

I believe above the storm the smallest prayer
Will still be heard,
I believe that someone in the great somewhere
Hears every word,
Every time I hear a newborn baby cry,
Or touch a leaf, or see the sky,
Then I know why,
I believe.

Every time I hear a newborn baby cry,
Or touch a leaf, or see the sky,
Then I know why,
I believe.

No comments: