My Anthem

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sabah should consider "breaking away"...

A commenter to Ronnie Klassen's post I reproduced here yesterday titled "

From PKR leader in Sabah...

Sabahans Have Become Beggars In Their Own Land?

had asked me this question: "

What do you think about it then, ylchong?

By Blogger Quicksilver ***************************************** I guess "it" refers to the dilemma that Sabahans face -- being Beggars in their own land" as Ronnie has concluded...

Well, from the perspective of a Peninsular Malaysian, I have always been of the view that Sabahans and Sarawakians have been poorly represented by their State leaders since joining, along with Singapore, the rest of peninsular states in forming Malaysia on September 16, 1963. Central to this mistreatment of the East Malaysian states was, is, has been and will be the dominance of UMNO in the 14- or 13-strong-component Barisan Nasional federal government. Singapore was unceremoniously "kicked out" a few years later of the young nation named "Malaysia", which really set a precedent for the options being opened to Sabah and/or Sarawak to "opt" out too if they feel strongly about not being treated as "equal" partners to other states making up "Malaysia".

To be continued because I am frustrated with some "deletion" of two paragraphs I had composed, and now I am labouring like a woman in labour, so I take a rest, Can I quicksilver?

InsyaAllah, I come back to resume this free wheeling thought-sharing before midnight and a new day breaks, and then this country called Malaysia can suddenly surprise Desi with its
"bolehness", even with a dream possibility a peninsular newsman like me can easly get to work in eith Sabah or Sarawak"freely" without any immigration barriers. As it is, I feel I am a stranger in my own land called NegaraKu as far as working in these two states is concerned, And why, I don't know... Similarly I believe many Sabahans and Sarawakians feel like "strangers" in their own NegaraKu, but for quite a differenet set of reasons that hurt theirpsyche much,mush more than mine, IMHO.

Be that as it may, YL Chong the newsdog is me says March 8, 2008 was a turning point in "Malaysian" politics, in tat FIVE peninsular states fell to the Pakatan Rakyat yet-to-be-registered alternatove coalition government comprising PKR, DAP and PAS. Will/ Would /Should Sabahans and Sarawakians "seize the moment" (carpe diem,) my fellow Malaysians, to take that leap forward and Vote for Change when the next State/Federal elections take place, very soon for Sarawak?

That's a RM64million question I would strive to answer next.
Meanwhile, I hope my commenters from the previous post, including quicksilver, dave, boY and paguin, will further their debate on this continuing Post.:)

No comments: