My Anthem

Friday, August 01, 2008

World's oldest joke traced back...

to 1900 BC, before YOU and I were born, so how do I know?

Investing in 30sen on theSUN; no, I'm no Desperado yet lining up before the sun peeps over yonder horizon at the nearest SE7EN11 to get a free kopi. Thanks to the redemptve advice (Please don't add an ASS to advice because Queen's Engloish is spoken here, don't poke here and dare!) given by thy caring PM and DPM, "Yes, I did tighten my belt, but not to its last notch, only the second lust!"

So Page 16 reads:

"LONDON: The world's oldest recorded joke has
been traced back to 1900 BC and suggests toilet
humour was as popular with the ancients as it is
today. It is a saying of the Sumerians, who lived in
waht is now southern Iraq and goes: "Something
which has never occured since time immemo-
rial; a young woman did not fart in her husband's
lap."

DESIDERATA: So this being Friday, when a childe borne
today wins at love, Desi will stay away from tiresome
Malaysian politics as it's getting many of mGf -- which stands for myGOoDfriend/s and is gender-neutral, being explained for the second time for Antares' shakes! --
FATIQUED. Now don't correct my spelling todie, that "Q" there was delberate, so to get my ER' attention. (Antares, I'm exceedingly kind to Thee, kindred spirit, ER is Esteemed Reader in the singlar or plural, so that apostrophe stays!)And Thee is a show-off from 1901 AD from a fast-food chain who engaged Desi to spin some engaging taglie:
"Come one, come all Thee, Come Ye to 1901 in Glee
Eat as mush as Ye can or cunt
Don't sayeth Thee, you die from want!"


They generously gifted Desi enough "V"ouchers to lust a lifetime;
what would my mateys do when I am gone, the CHiEF@Restron I ask.
1901 has a GOoD SENse of humour, it's an ezy task:
"Ask thy friends to keep Thee company six feet underground, entry4aDime!"


The Reuters report which theSun stole and I re-stole directed Desi to
www.dave-tv.co.uk
to get at the remaining of the world's oldest top 10 joke list
published byt the University of Wolverhampton
Yesterday
,
yes, when all my troubles seemed so far away
DSAI is entering Parliament via Permatang Pauh by the way
Now the Rip wan Wrinkled PM still wanna hold sway
And the Altar-tuna-ed DPM fighting like sh+t to stay
And Negaraku spiralling to the Edge, come Doomsdae
"V"4Change, "V"4KetuananRakyat, I say:
God has its wondrous may
I:
S:
A:
men

Since the guardians at www.dave-tv.co.ukwere as fierce as the guardian dos at Heaven's gates, Desi could not land on the restfool jokes, so this being THY LUCKY DIE, I patiently copied in long hand, keeping to its column width of 5-6cm, scrupulously capturing the essense of the story dating back 1901BC
because I have respect for HIStory -- since I am of the masculine gender -- here/hear goeth. English as I said Yesterday, when all... (yadda, yadda, don't be long-winded-lah!... I hear helen shiwsperingaweDAway fromeeehPOH!) is a funny language, I can also write/writHe here/hear cometh:

"A 1600 BC gag about a pharaoh, said to be King
Snofru, comes second. "How do you entertain
a bored pharaoh? You sail a boatload of young
women dressed only in fishing nets down the Nile
and urge the pharaoh to go catch a fish."


The oldest British joke dates back to the 10th
century and reveals the bawdy face of the Anglo-
Saxon: "What hangs at a man's thigh and wants
to poke the hole that it's often poked before?
Answer: A key."


"Jokes have varied over the years, with some
taking the question and answer format while oth-
ers are witty proverbs or riddles," said the report's
writer Dr Paul McDonald, senior lecturer at the
university.

"What they all share however, is a willingness
to deal with taboos and a degree of rebellion.
Modern puns, Essex girl jokes and toilet humour
can all be traced back to the very earliest jokes
identified in this research."

The study was commissioned by television
channel Dave. The top 10 oldest jokes can be
viewed at www.dave-tv.co.uk - Reuters

DESI2: So if thou seeth the 10 jokes at that refered site,
can please kop&pasta at my Commendoes? No thanks Cos there's
no free lunch in this worlde.
Konsider it as Playback dime.

1 comment:

Donplaypuks® said...

Thes BC jokes, we would have been better off if they had remained undiscovered. Not even juvenile!!

http://donplaypuks.blogspot.com