My Anthem

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Everyone wants a Winner! So sad...

The Sun frontpage today carries a sad picture of a "fallen hero" just because his team failed to deliver.

The headline:

Brazil
fans
burn
Ronaldinho
statue


RIO DI JANEIRO:
Angry Brazilian
football fans have destroyed a
7m-tall status of World Cup Palyer
of the Year Ronalinho following the
national team's World Cup
quarter-final exit at the handss of
France.

The statue, made out of resin
and iron in the soutrhern town of
Chaperoco in Santa Catarin state,
was burnt in the night of Satyrday
to Sunday, after the Selecao's 1-0
defeat to Les Bleus, according to
the local mayor's spokesman.

"All that's left
is a burnt out
metal skeleton
of a statue," the
souce said.

:
:
:
~ AFP

DESIDERATA:

On the Ronaldinho's burntOUT, I reserved comment because I don't wish to add fuel to the fire. I feed sad because my fave teams Barzil and Engrung crashed out before I blew the top.


That's from AFP, go read it in FOOL from a copy of the freebie, you lazy bummies.

I'll just state here TWO LOCAL PARALLELS, maybe ONE PARALLEL, and the other a CONTRASTING CONUNDRUM!(Note i have become besotted with this word "conundrum"--it sounds so romantic!

** THREE quarters, Desi's estimate-lah, of former strongman Dr Mahathir's Cabinet members passed on by him to his successful, spiritual leader Pak Lah, have deserted their former Boss, DISSOCIAING themselves from Dr Mahathir's winning policies pre-November 2003, now the same policies rejected as "not beneficial" to the country.
Their Vision went from V1818 to V2020 in TWO-and-a-HALF YEARS. Good medicine from the spiritual master, bad medicine from the medical doctor. SO SAD.

** Businessman name-now-forgotten climbed Mount Everest risking life and limb to raise funds of RM2million in the name of charity. After just initial 15-minutes of fame, there is NO GOVERNMENT RECOGNITION for the samaritan Malaysian's selfless efforts worth emulating by our Yonug Malaysians. (Except for an assurance by MIC President chief lah to "reward" him!) BUT where is the Minister of Youth and Sports? (THat same day the businessman's feat was flagged worldwide, the Minister was flagging off A SPONSORED TEAM TO TRY TO CONQUER MOUNT EVEREST!

Hey, you give incentive for some effort yet to be proven,
but keep elegant slience of a national achiever, why the
DOUBLE STANDARDS?


Desi rests his case, on EVER-REST Hill, not capable of even thinking Mt Everest.
I'm sure mGF often sounding aboutBrokeback Mount will come charging in with his 'rite/ride!:)

PS: Today's Post is short as I am on the run (yes, from some Mob!) and I wsih that my ER go comment on Anwar's and Bakri's items, of GREATER CONCERN TO NegaraKU!

6 comments:

dreameridiot said...

Hi Desi...Hope u r keeping well. Yes, bohoo, england lost, again. I guess it's the same old story for long suffering england supporters (myself since 96). Take care...

Maverick SM said...

I disagree Desi! There is only ONE standard...The chosen standard!

chong y l said...

Dear ER:

I had some 3 hours of sleep, peeped in at my ER's comments and later will try to do some earning B&B deadline work before 3AM.
Somethin' bIg is happening @3, but I don't even know who's playing or paying for my work!

Dreamer Idiot: Wake up, drink some teh-C and I'll bet you will win 2-1.

Mave:

I'll bet with thee, both ada standards -- Portugal will win 2-1.

See, I got standard,like all the 3Muskedeers, can become half-past 7 politikus! Mave, your Bee Ehm, got grade 10 standard, "chosen" as flag bearer as WC commentator by RTElm, rite? What do you call a femail politician like Anak Merdeka? Politikucik? And a Malaysian like Howsy based in lundun? PolitikusOverDaC?

My bonnie lies over the ocean
My bonnie bring us teh-Sea...

Maverick SM said...

Desi, first, you r wrong - Portugal lost 1-0 and Malaysia vs brazil in Final (Burn Effigy Cup).

Can I make a nasty comment?

Your blog articles are getting interesting. But you must make it readable and leave out those Singlish and Manglish and DesiHowsy English.

The ER must be able to read and digest without blips and blups.

Wingz and Others are Cheeky Canons for those below 18...and for those who need to relieve stress due to menapause and penapause.

Your's are somewhat between politics and Economics and attract Critics and Mavericks....

Arena Green said...

Did I ever mention that I no understand 3/4 of what u say, most of the time Desi? Mave may be rite, u no?

chong y l said...

mave and anak m: another acting in cioncert?
Hey, how about we FOUR revive tghe BEatles?
I like She loves you, Yeah, yeah, yeah!

Serious mode: Your comments/advice taken; mending, pending....ending? Left to be seen...Responded Sat 5.35pm July 8, 2006: I guess I BEhaved myself the last few days since?
How about paying for my CON BF tomollow!? And that can be Rhetorical or non-R!