My Anthem

Monday, March 20, 2006

A madamemoseille named ...

MeMe.

myGOoDfriend in lundun named Howsy reported he LOST his virginity to a gal named Meme because of yuthemans.
I'm honoured this moUrn to oblige this well-intentioned doctor-to-be -- following in Dr Elie's foolsteps, artyu?
Because he IMPatiently asked -- TWICE in two days! even a Desperate Housewives virgin does not do that! -- when Desi's going to co-respond.

Okay,
The School Meme
March 20th, 2006

How many schools did I go to?

Firs it was Siliau, primary 1-2.
Next it was a school with NoNama, housed@KGV, like Squatter colony-lah. Yes, in those pioneering days, got school-squatter one. (Less than one term)
Then it was "squatting" temporarily at Khalsa School., Paukl's Street, Seremban. (Less than one term. I think I picked up some Punjabi lingo. Don't ever arsk me to vocalise a few!

Finally, proper schooling started in KGV Primary when I started my romance with Enid Blighter, Famous Five? Kapitan WE Jones, Biggles? and I also started writHing Poetry. When I showed a sample to one donkey teacher, he doubted my ability and thought I "plagiarised" it from some doggone shithouse. (Then the word 'plagiarise' was still Grik to me.)
So I sent IT to a pupils' magazine, and it was my first publishing success. Maybe it won me RM5? (No, I did not frame the note then, carrying Queen Elizabeth image. I thought it more useful catching Gunfight at the OK Corral, OK?
Yes, those were Tom Brown School Days.
Then, grown up days were spent @KGV Secondary, Forms 1-6.

University?
Ah, that's not schooling -- it's adulthood or adultery.
Either you polluted others, or Others adulterated you.
Later at work, I coined the alternatives: Co-option and Copulation.
Simple English: You join the bandwagon to get ahead. Or you sell your soul to the devil.
Trouble with Desi is:
I joined the wrong band, and I'm still searching for my sould!


Was I the studious nerd, or the last minute hero?

I was jest avearge the first three years, behaving like Jinjang Joe because I was taught in Mandarin in Siliauliau. I think even then I was the Smartalek because I ended every page of homework with "The End", the bright spark in Croc Dundee Estate who knew two luvly English words picked up at the Cowboy movies starring John Vain and Roy Dodger always riding trimphant into the sunset, but upsetting cchildren like me with the English equivalent of "wan" - a houseroof on top, with dollar below.

For the rest of school journey, I was getting mostly straight "A"s; it got me somewhere, like here. It does not matter really, because:
Necessity is the Mother of Invention.

I started writing essays and short stories which in certain goode months, contributed about 20% equivalent to Dad's salary of RM400-500 as a teacher-headmaster. (I knew because sometimes I had to fill some blardy forms then...) Hence, now you know how I went to so many cowboys&redindianajones and Supermanna movies (Black&White summore!) -- by not stealing from the Bank or Moneychanger, OK?

Was I the class ‘taiko’ or the teacher’s pet?
You gas!
*From Form 2 onwards, (I'm not modest when it cometh to the English department), every time the term papers results were announced and the English teacher would preface that one student had written a purrfect essay/composition, everyone would yell like a tape recorder -- Chong-lah!
My catty face would then turn first ink, then redindianred, then lobster red...
Now you know my dark complexion is not due to the tropical sun.

But I was not one particular teacher's pet! Oh, no!
Thinking about him even today I would likely wake up in sweat, that tyrant!
By now you would have gassed I was some sort of Rebel without a cost, even in teenagehood and youthood. Now mGf at work laughs and pokes at my prosperous sides: "Chong, you're steal a radical!"
Is that goode or badder? It can or cannot be a rhetorical q.

Better not elaborate on that "monster" of a teacher, who almost made me squat until a table!(UNTIL TODAY, I couldn't figure out what made him change his minda!) The nightmare sometimes re-appears.

What was the biggest rule I broke in school?

Writing a FirstLuvLetter before time.
Now my cheeks are getting a li'l warm .. I won't eleborate here, but the episode was written for posterior-ity somewhere hidden in my archives. Lasy curious cats, go find it yourself!


Three subjects I enjoyed.

* English, hence Desi's not modest in declaring he's Almost There --
with the Max Err-ing One.
Also, I served as Chairman of both the
Junior and Senior Literary and Debating Society/s.

** Science

One future Dr M. Segasothy, my Treasurer, and Desi, as Chairman of the Science and Mathematics Society, almost started a fire when the rocket fired from the school field, landed near the car-parl about 400 metres away when it was supposed to hit the sun abot ....light years away!
Doc -- somewhere hiding in a nephrology unit at an Oz University in Alice Springs. How art thou and Alice? Don't mind the spring or winter!


*** Phoolosophy.

This was mainly taught in the library -- my fave teachers are Socrates, Voltaire, Leonardo, Michaelangelo and Raphael -- hey, not those Ninja turtles-lah! -- and lately, Miss Moonlighting and Ally McBeal, and Faith Hill (minus the TimMcgrowl!)

CONCLUDING NOTE to Howsy and My EsteemedReaders:
I was born a democrat, so I'll let the frenchgal stay virginal at Desi's Place.
To use a famous saying: The buck stops here.
More aptly, the puck stays here.
Hey, Mimi, where art thou?

To my ER, esp Howsy, please leave me alone with Mimi, no more Meme!



Before I further digress, here's the nu'es of the day:
from the Sun, local, not the one in England:

page 12,

The curry king and
Blair's 'dodgy loan'
CASH-FOR-PEERAGES SCANDAL CLAIMS NEW VICTIM

London: Tony Blair was plunged into a
damaging new row over tghe cash-for-peerages
scandal on Saturdaynight after an Indian food
magnate was blocked from joining the House
of Lords following disclosures that he had made
a secret loan to the Labour Party.
The Independent on Sunday revealed that
Blair's nomination of Sir Ghulam Noon has been
rejected by an independent watchdog, reversing
its initial approval.

DESIDERATA: Somehow this foreign item rings a local belle.
Didn't I recall some businesswoman and her relative had gone to
a Malaysian Court to try to recover thousands for a Latukship promised
but not delivered?
No-lah, Malaysians are not so cheapo like these
Engrish bas... Okay, spell it out in fool -
basket cases!


PS: Desi could have been the one who composed the following poem
had it not been for one stoopid doubting Thomas teacher in standard 5...


Green Fields [" " CD]

Once there were green fields,
Kissed by the sun.
Once there were valleys,
Where rivers used to run.
Once there were blue skies,
With white clouds high above.
Once they were part of,
An everlasting love.
We were the lovers who
Strolled through Green Fields.

Green fields are gone now,
Parched by the sun.
Gone from the valleys,
Where rivers used to run.
Gone with the cold wind,
That swept into my heart.
Gone with the lovers,
Who let their dreams depart.
Where are the green fields,
That we used to roam?

I'll never know what
Made you run away.
How can I keep searching
When dark clouds hide the day.
I only know there's
Nothing here for me.
Nothing in this wide world,
Left for me to see.
Still I'll keep on waiting,
Until you return.
I'll keep on waiting,
Until the day you learn.
You can't be happy,
While your heart's on the roam,
You can't be happy
Until You bring it home
Home to the green fields
And me once again.

PPS: recall with the greAtest fondness
Of MeiMe in Reading, England.


8 comments:

Helen said...

**speechless** You're the last person I expected to come out with Mimi..oops.... meme. MUAHARHARHAR I really enjoy this!! Wow, this is a moment to savour.... a rare glimpse into this person who write such beautiful poem and at the same time such irritating Da Desi COde. (...that prompt my garden to full bloom overnight) ** Gosh, I'm grinning like Cheshire **

fishtail said...

Ditto Helen's comment. Desi here is a rare breed. Can't wait for the next bloggers' din with him.

Howsy said...

Congratulations Desi, you've lost your meme virginity too!

Thank you for giving face to me and really appreciated you doing that.

chong y l said...

helen:
thanks again for sending Desi to hi heaven - it's always an ecstasy higher than a marijuana or MiMI hi!
Like Paradise by the Dashboard Lights -- OK, I'd skip Cybill Shehperd aand prime for Nicole Kidman instaed!
"Variety is the spice of (this shOrt) life."
*"irritating"? Nah, it was mostly for the YoungOnes because they give a statement like "Wow the guy's views are awesome!" PERIOD>
Hey, the period must come at te rite time; like once every month for a few days.
Other times, give Da Rationale -- so I give some answers in -- wow, you coin me a new desispeak , Da Desi COde! THANKS, whose kopirite isit?
Cheshire ...wat! You not scared ah, WE are jest about finishing one-third of Year of the Dop. And Desi is a TOPdog!:(
I hope IpohLang don't like eating "celapang kambing meat" cooked gingerly...

PS: Can I peep at the diaries, NOW?

chong y l said...

fishtail:
"rare" breed?
Desi goes for welldone (steaky man, always taking advantage of sisdar yan's generosSibUcity...).

Almost getting xtinct -- like the platypus, or dodo. But I like DoDo Cheng, esp when she got caught with the Man In The Net. Regrets I wasn't Chow Yun Fatt! although I'm a li'l fat!:)
(Helen, you can take fishy's vouch-er for that last bit, byte?:)

chong y l said...

howsy:
You Lost thy virginity to a MeMe; I LOST it to a MiMi, that's a heluva difference. Go arse the french gal, she's resting somewhere at Moulin Rouge.

Giving thee "face" when I ain't see not one?
Two fingers pressing a blue-capped bottle cuntaining "howsy'sdat longevity sperms/eggs...!"(C)

chong y l said...

Helen & Howsy: you're both eeeepoh kapohcik;
Fishtail, Desi are KL kapohencik.

When cuntvenient, we'll organise a DIN on Super Virgo and sail to international waters to touch Paradise, OK?
Touchwood, we also recover our losng lost Virgoan vices like Manliness, Womanliness and hAPpiness...in one BIG familiarcity.
Yan from nigh Catsville will steer the ship back to harbour -- 4 Kuching Po'tluck.

TO: JieJie Helen --moo hold cenj shee (shee) "desTROY", KengLei?
LOLs!

Helen said...

*"irritating"? Nah, it was mostly for the YoungOnes"

Dang!! Should've kept quiet... I've given myself away, din I?? ** kick myself **

BTW, ze diary nothing to see one... not as flowery enuff nor romantic enuff..... I know some ppl one hor, got love poems ler....:-P