My Anthem

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Of a St(y)Ranger in May

Raining days recall for me
Mostly of depression and pain
Yes, I'd ask you, my friend:
Where have you been?

To London, to London
Visiting thy aunt or uncle
Or calling on Her Majesty
Or the substitute Queen


There if you are not straight
It's alright, but be thou never queer
Soon enough a Stranger would appear
And want thee to buy him a beer

Me on a rainy night that stretches into morn
When the train cometh I'm gone
There's a Sty-ranger up in Penang
Awaiting' me patiently at the Padang


I made wit' Her an apppointment
This May five years ago
She vowed she'd die of disenchantment
If I decide not to love her so

It's pouring, it's drenching wet
Poor me, I don't even have a dime
So how can I meet Her with no regret
Across my sense of crooked, wasted time


So should you not read this "Sorry" on this page
Pleae wait another 365 days, as I weary with age
Still longin',but likely broke-r
Why did she fall for me, A-Joker

Ageing is an indsicrimate teacher
Tarry not Sty-ranger
I'm just a preacher
A word-er
A (L)One ranger


My Dear, This Wednesday in May
Tarry not, it's not a GOoD Day

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O Desiderata, my dear
Love nought, have no fear
Whatever will be will be, they say
If not today, maybe some other day

May showers brings clear crisp air
Black fantails flirt in pairs
Grow old gracefully, do not despair
Have faith, believe, He cares.

Dark clouds looming, a storm is brewing
Smell the whiff of curry, something's cooking
Better a single if not a double
Life's like that, do not court trouble.

Friends are like trains, buddies get up and down
The next station, they may not be around
When the time's come to part and say adios
Hold back the tears, don't start a chaos.

chong y l said...

I like your metaphor of the train
At each station I look out the window in vain
It's alright Giner dear
The Warmth of May is e'er so 'ear!

chong y l said...

Oops, ginGer, how did the g disappear?
Just like some frien', and it isn't 'ear.!