My Anthem

Thursday, April 07, 2005

BLOGsnippets

Take 1: Mack at BrandMalaysia.com reports "Why authoritarian governments fear blogging", quoting that "Blogging is a very, very important tool in terms of freedom of expression". (Julien Pain, Reporters Sans Frontieres) Desiderata: Malaysians have taken to Blogging like ducks to water, I wonder if our leaders fear?

Take 2: The asiabusinessconsulting.blogspot.com reports that while the rest of the world sends their messages of condolences to mark the death of Pope John Paul II, China has barred its citizens from posting any messagess of prayers or blessings on the Pontiff's death on the web portals country-wide. Desiderata: China might have opened its doors to international trade and money flows, but when it comes to free flow and exchange of ideas, its leaders have eyes but do not see. Its 1.3billion common people are wiser.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am new to blogging :) this is my first time. I was amazed to hear that the Chinese can't post their thoughts or condolences on the web... Why? Is it because the Pope was anti-communism? Is it true that the Chinese in China need to keep it a secret if they embrace Christianity (Catholics, in particular)? If anyone knows a site I can refer to for info on this, please do let me know.

Cheers everyone !

chong y l said...

To anonymous and curious cat: A heart Welcome.

Anonymous, Re the Chinese public being barred from posting msg on the death of the Pope, visit Asiabusinessconsulting.blogspot.com which detailed the report early today.

To curious cat: I'm also a relatively new Blogger myself, less than 3 weeks old, but my writing experience plus career as a Journalist gave me a headstart. I'm still experimenting with the Technicals, and have been getting good advice from fellow Blogger at yancorner.blogspot.com.

To get started, just login to www.blogger.com and follow its 3 Simple Steps. Later we can exchange notes...It's Exciting, so Have Fun!